New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
My XDm .45 loves HST's, and it's my personal carry ammo of choice. It is an excellent self defense HP bullet. I wish that Federal would sell them by the box new, as they are expensive ($34.00 / 50 Qty. Box at PoliceHQ, which WILL ship to a NY FFL) to shoot. I want to reload my own with fresh stock straight from Federal. Hopefully they eventually get around to selling bulk bullets so I can save some cash.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My plan is to shoot a few dozen reloaded ones to see how they shoot out of my M&P. I have some factory loaded ones for HD/carry use and save the rest of my reloaded ones for a rainy day.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Where do pulled bullets come from? Factory rejects?
Correct. They are bullets that didn't pass an inspectors visual test. Usually this is because the bullet went in crooked, and damaged the brass that it was in. They recycle the brass after pulling out the bullet and recycling the powder. They let nothing go to waste!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
That's a damn good price on those bullets . I just might have jump in on that !

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HSTs IMO are the best available pistol bullets on the market. With a good hot charge you can get them to expand to .90"+ and penetrate beyond the 12 inch FBI minimum. They aren't available as components, which is why it's a good idea for those of you with .45s for SD to get them while you can! I've never seen pulled HSTs before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts