New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we allowed to carry at the public market in Rochester? I didn't see anything on the website or at the entrance forbidding it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they considered it a park or something. So, does anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not sure, i have every time i've been there, Concealed is Concealed.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I don't see why it would be illegal.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The market itself is a great place. But the surrounding neighborhood is rough and home to people who will victimize the customers of the market if given the right opportunity.

Carry your gun.

P.S. - just make sure your carry method is secure. I was working there in uniform a couple year ago when a guys gun (legally owned) fell out of his jacket pocket.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The market itself is a great place. But the surrounding neighborhood is rough and home to people who will victimize the customers of the market if given the right opportunity.

Carry your gun.

P.S. - just make sure your carry method is secure. I was working there in uniform a couple year ago when a guys gun (legally owned) fell out of his jacket pocket.
What did you do to the guy? Just give him a talking to?

That area of the city is precisely why I asked. I used to drive around there to get to work and could tell it wasn't a great area.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
What did you do to the guy? Just give him a talking to?

That area of the city is precisely why I asked. I used to drive around there to get to work and could tell it wasn't a great area.
We just chatted or a bit. I checked his permit to make sure that was all set..... then we talked for a few minutes and made some suggestions for what he should look for in a holster and some other carry options.

Sometimes on Saturday afternoons I see Middle-aged Sally Suburbia parking her car on Central Park at Second St or Third St and walking to the market.... while texting with an expensive purse over her shoulder......victim waiting to happen. I recommend parking in the new paved lots off Trinidad St.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts