New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a crossbow "PSE FANG" didn't wanna spend $800+ let me say, this thing is sick from 5 to 50 yards I was shocked how accurate and fast it is, I dumped the OEM crap scope and threw a Truglo Xbox scope on it. and matched it up with Bloodsport 20" Bolts dumped the ones it came with also. Gotta lube and wax it every 15 shots or so but im fine with that.. cant wait for Crossbow season. I'm only into it for around $450 w new scope and bolts.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Nice! Toying with the idea of buying one, probably not this year, but I expect it will happen. I have a compound bow I like (entry grade PSE, but still a very solid bow), but simply for the heck of it I'd like a crossbow. Compounds are approaching their ceiling of increased speeds, but IMO crossbows the sky is the limit. I think in theory new materials and winches could let them keep climbing up to ludicrous speeds. 440 FPS is current most powerful.

I hope they keep hunting season as bow only for the first month, though, else it won't be long before very few people are bothering to practice anymore for bow hunting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who really cares if somebody uses a Compound bow or Crossbow during "Stick Throwing" season. If a crossbow makes that "hunter" harvest that animal cleanly and with less chance of an injury, we should be able to use anything that launches an arrow/bolt....

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Ive hunted deer with a compound for almost 30 years. When I was 16 years old I dropped an 8 point buck in his tracks at 10 yards with my 40lb Bear compound bow, I was hooked.
Been thinking of buying a crossbow but not sure if it will give me the same experience. Theres nothing like bow hunting whitetails.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Ive hunted deer with a compound for almost 30 years. When I was 16 years old I dropped an 8 point buck in his tracks at 10 yards with my 40lb Bear compound bow, I was hooked.
Been thinking of buying a crossbow but not sure if it will give me the same experience. Theres nothing like bow hunting whitetails.
Yep I see it the same way. There is a ritual to ramping up shooting before season (and/or shooting a bunch during the year, too). Yet a crossbow for many hunters is like a rifle for many: sight it in a couple weeks out then forget it. They are purely a harvesting tool whereas the bow is skilled instrument.

On private land it doesn't matter, but on public land if everybody could get onto it from day one with ever-increasingly effective tools it would basically squeeze out archers.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya ive been a longtime compound bow hunter also 25years, ive wanted to get a crossbow since last year. Read a crap load of reviews on it, I def would suggested the Fang for starter like myself, should do the job as good as a $800+ crossbow..Shot again last night im still surprised how acurate it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.