New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these on a 10/22? Other then a PITA to clean it looks pretty nice!

promag.jpg

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I got one for my brother for christmas and he likes it. He has the fake silencer on the end though.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. how's the folding stock? It looks sturdy in videos.

·
6,795 Posts
yea the whole thing is sturdy. when you fold the stock closed it latches in place onto the main part of the stock. Then it takes some force to open the stock again which is good so you dont have to worry about it being loose when not fully extended.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
yea the whole thing is sturdy. when you fold the stock closed it latches in place onto the main part of the stock. Then it takes some force to open the stock again which is good so you dont have to worry about it being loose when not fully extended.
Do you have to worry about it being classified as an assault weapon though?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not with a preban 1022 reciever.

·
6,795 Posts
What I ended up doing for my brother was buying a 10/22 made before the 1994 assault weapon ban and using that for the stock kit. So he basically has a preban "assault weapon". I also know there is a website (dont remember which one) that sells the stock kit and they will pin the stock for you before shipping it.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
WOW,I want one of these!Whats the going price for pre-bans these days and are they hard to find,or do they make a NY compliant kit?Also I never seen a 10/22 with a muzzle brake,if it does not have one of them is the folding stock legal for a post-ban?

·
6,795 Posts
I got my brothers pre ban on gunbroker in the $200 range I think and it was never used. The muzzle break in the photo just slides over the barrel I believe. I know thats how the fake silencer goes on. Also if you get a non preban 10/22 you can get the kit here and if you tell them you live in NY they will pin the stock for you.
Promag Archangel Marauder/Nomad Stock 10RD (Ruger 10/22) AAM1022
Edit: It appears they are sold out on site above.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I got my brothers pre ban on gunbroker in the $200 range I think and it was never used. The muzzle break in the photo just slides over the barrel I believe. I know thats how the fake silencer goes on. Also if you get a non preban 10/22 you can get the kit here and if you tell them you live in NY they will pin the stock for you.
PM sent!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
According to my Bill Ruger and his Guns book 1993 10/22's serial# was 235-10632 so look for a # lower then that and your good!! I gave $210.00 for a 113- at the Saratoga Gun Show a year ago last Jan.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah $200 seems to be the rate. I paid $189 plus shipping and transfer. around same price as a new one out the door from a store, but can have evil features :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts