New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i dont have too much cash so ive decided to get your basic stripped down ar15 and then just do some work and upgrade as i go. figure that way i can get exactly what i want and also not have to drop a whole hell of a lot of cash all at once, what do you guys recomend and are there any vendors on here that can help me out, ive looked at a few and most are not selling yet or dont have any in stock(at least on here). lets talk AR's Go !!!

- whos got pics.?

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
If you are in no rush and want to try and go through vendors here for stuff you can always get the other stuff until the items here become available. For example if you wanted to go with an Allstar Lower you could go ahead and buy a lpk for it now then buy the lower when he gets more in.

I ended up going with this lpk for mine Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Lower Parts Kits | Rock River Arms 2 Stage NM Trigger Parts Kit

The 2 stage trigger goes for 120 by itself and this whole kit including it goes for 180.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you guys perfer, a carbine or the full length rifel barrel?

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
depends on what you want. Carbine length is lighter and better for CQB stuff full length is heav ier but you also get some extra velocity. So I guess it really depends on what you want to use it for most.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Check out palmetto state armory. Having a summer sale right now with free shipping. They sell a quality product for great prices.

Here is a nice 20" flattop with everything you need except a stripped lower.
20" Hammer-forged, A2 profile, Chrome-lined Rifle Kit - Rifle Kits - AR-15

14.7" midlength kit
14.7'' Hammer Forged Mid-Length Light profile Rifle Kit - Rifle Kits - AR-15

You can get a good quality Delaware stripped lower from rguns for 65 bucks.

So for less then 750 you have a nice rifle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you guys think about caliber, im fimiliar with 7.62 from my USMC days but thers also 5.56 that i wouldnt mind going to but i know theres a bunch of smaller like .22 and so on and so forth, id like to go 7.62 but what do you guys shoot? also frontier arms has a sale on polymer lowers going on right now with free shipping so i think im going to pick up one of those and look around for a upper package i really like Brovo company ar's anyone have any experiance with either of those companys?

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Palmetto or DSA

I highly doubt any one can match PSA in quality and price point. DSA has nice bbls at great prices .

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Stay away from polymer lowers, not worth the risk IMO.
Join some forums, browse the EE's and piece a parts AR together, just use a new bolt.
You should be able to make one from used parts for around $5-600 if you're patient.

Or shop PSA can't really beat their prices right now.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Buy the parts you want and build up the gun from noting. I'mm in your area and can help you if you want, also, I have a carbine with 16" barrel and a rifle length gas system on a 18" rifle if you want to shoot them side by each, we can meet up at NCSC.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats the best way to go build it from a strip lower.. and make sure you buy what you want if you dont have enough money for it, just save up and get what you want in less your trying to budget build.. in the end if you go with something you really dont want your alway going to upgrade..might as well do it right the first time..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts