New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Check it out! These guys are absolutely fantastic trainers and their curriculum is some of the best material I've ever been to. You guys need to check this out if you have any desire to be proficient with firearms, especially carbine and handgun.

They need some support for these classes or they're going to drop PC2. If you can manage it, go sign up and get ready for some awesome training. We're going to sweeten the deal even further by giving everyone from NYF who signs up for PC1/PC2/PH1 a free AST tshirt and a $20 gift certificate. Please PM us once you sign up so we can put them aside for you!

Progressive Carbine 1; Fighting Foundations
PC1 represents the cutting edge of combative carbine shooting with an emphasis on weapon system operation for personal defense. This course sets the stage for the PFC Carbine Series and aims to teach students tactical fundamentals and a fighting mindset. Training topics include the Carbine System & Support Gear, 3rd Generation Carbine Maintenance, Use of Force, Fundamentals of Shot Placement, PFC Zero Protocols, Combative Marksmanship, The Dynamic Contact Position, PFC Shooting Responses, Ready & Carry Positions, Mounting & Presentations, Administrative & Combative Gun‐handling, System Refunction Drills, Bilateral Weapon Operation and After‐Action Ready Measures.

COST: $200 (NYF Members get $25 off)

Progressive Handgun 1; Fighting Foundation
Progressive Handgun 1; Fighting Foundation PH1 represents the cutting edge of combative pistol shooting with an emphasis on concealed carry and personal defense scenarios. Training topics include the Handgun System & Support Gear, Use of Force, Fundamental & Combative Marksmanship, PFC Shooting Responses, Ready & Carry Positions, Presentations, Administrative & Combative Gun‐handling, System Refunction Drills, Bilateral Weapon Operation, and After‐Action Ready Measures.

Tactical Indoor Defense & Evacuation I
TIDE is an eye‐opening seminar that teaches armed citizens and professionals how to safely defend themselves or someone else indoors. Students will learn the strategies of structure clearing, defense in‐ place and tactical evacuation through lecture, technical drilling and practical exercises. Training topics include the Principles of Indoor Combat, Structure Traits & Nomenclature, Indoor Scenarios & Tactical Decision Making, movement methods & tempos, Door Management, Room Entry, Room Clearing, Room Management, Confined Spaces, Halls & Walls, Compound Problems, Solo & Partner CQB, Hardpointing, Crisis Egress, and After‐Action Measures. Instruction is 100% dry w/ inert training weapons. No ammunition necessary. 8:30a‐5:30p.

Tactical Indoor Defense & Evacuation II

TIDE‐2 introduces students to more complex structure clearing skills, partner and third‐person tactics, close quarters actions‐on‐contact and a comprehensive presentation on low‐light tactics. Training topics include the Principles of Low‐Light Combat, basic tactical trauma care, equipment selection, flashlight/handgun manipulations, lowlight movement & searching techniques, direct action strategies, and tactical problem solving under duress. Instruction is 100% dry w/ inert training weapons. No ammunition necessary. 1:00‐10:00p.

Check out all of these and the schedule at: Schedule | Progressive F.O.R.C.E. Concepts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see that some are dry fire classes, but what about PC1 and if they offer it later, PC2? What are the details for attending? How many rounds/mags/pistols allowed, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I see that some are dry fire classes, but what about PC1 and if they offer it later, PC2? What are the details for attending? How many rounds/mags/pistols allowed, etc.
Fataugie, the TIDE classes are dry-fire / simulation classes.

Eye and ear pro, lunch for the day, water and a hat is a good idea
PC1 - a serviceable carbine, a minimum of 3 magazines and ~400-500 rounds of carbine required.
PH1 - a serviceable pistol, a minimum of 3 magazines and ~400-500 rounds of pistol required.

Upon enrollment in a course you will be mailed a SIG (Student Info Guide) with more information, detailed equipment list and course details.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Schedule update on PFC NY classes

Schedule update on these classes:

4/27 - Progressive Carbine 1 - Ontario Rod & Gun Club, Ontario NY - REGISTER NOW

4/28 - Progressive Handgun 1- Ontatio Rod & Gun Club, Ontario NY - REGISTER NOW

5/5 - Tactical Indoor Defense & Evac (TIDE) - AR15HQ, Farmington NY - REGISTER NOW

5/6 - Tactical Indoor Defense & Evac 2 (TIDE2) - AR15HQ, Farmington NY - REGISTER NOW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to say what a great time I had at PFC 1 yesterday. I'm relatively new to the carbine and it was my first carbine class. I can't say enough good things about the training Brian and Mike provided. Even though I was a novice I never felt that any of the drills or concepts were beyond my ability. I also got to learn which parts of my gear sucked and why.

Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this and but if I remember correctly Brian had mentioned that PFC designed and sold the angled mag pouch he was using on the front of his carrier. I didn't see it listed on their website so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get one or had an email address for Brian so I could find out? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance this stuff will come back?!?! I just found this site and I want tactical training....but in NY seems like there is very little. Please message me any details on training in June and onward. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts