New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Impossible. Glocks never fail. Ever.

Seriously though, I wonder if it is their maintenance. They mention metal on metal, so I wonder if they maybe got oil in the striker channel and that caused some sort of issue with hydrolic pressure perhaps that striker slamming into oil in the channel each pull. I have never heard of this issue before though.

The gen 4 seems to be a let down from Glock though.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I ran into issues with my own G19 (gen. 3). The inside of the slide was absolutely caked with carbon. I ran at least 2500 rounds or so through it over the past couple of years, so it was my fault for neglecting to take apart the slide and give it a thorough cleaning. A dirty slide (when it gets really bad) can cause a failure to fire, as it can interfere with the movement of the striker and prevent it from fully striking the primer.

If the striker actually fails (as shown in the OP's article), Glock generally replaces them at no charge, no questions asked.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Could it be they're limp wristing?

/me runs

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Either speer hurried out a huge batch of ammo with some hard primers, or glock rushed out some parts that didn't meet quality control standards. Neither would surprise me in the current state of the industry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts