New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As long as I'm posting this morning...

I love my Spyderco Delicas, but after six months or so the pocket clips always come loose. I can't figure out exactly what size Torx wrench the screw are. I've stripped several trying to get them tightened down.

I've tried superglue & JB Weld too, which helps for a few more months. But even the JB is coming loose now!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Clean and degrease the screw and hole, then use loctite.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Dude stop using it as a hammer! I have found that if you call the company they will send you new screws. Go to Radio Shack or other electronics store and get a micro driver set they have all of the smallest torx and other bits. As far as what ever JB weld or Lock Tite you use you have to do what kev74 said and degrease the hole and screw, isopropyl alcohol works well.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Just get yourself a "good" bit set and the one you need should be in there. Spyderco will generally send you new screws and even a clip if need be. If they charge you, it won't be much.

Use some Loc-tite and you won't have any more problems. Of all my Spyderco's, my Tenacious was the only one that lost screws. After using Loctite a few years ago, no problems since.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I got a torx bit screwdriver at Home Depot that fit perfectly. Looks like a little 4-way screwdriver.

A little Locktite and they'll never come loose

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
This has worked for every small knife and gun related ting I have needed:

Amazon.com: Maxtech 16521MX 32-Piece Precision Bit Set: Home Improvement

Tenacious, Pacific Salt (pinned, yes, but for some reason one side has torx that the screwdriver will fit) and now ParaMilitary 2 all were worked on with that. I just changed my PM2 from tip down to up using a T6 from that set. As said, Delica's are T6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts