New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, except that bit at the end, where they make sure they close the article out with the airline pilot with "some self defense training" saying that in his super-expert opinion, arming more people is a bad thing...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
"I would have shot back," Paul Lambert, 28, a veteran in Southern Indiana, wrote in his iReport. "If nothing else, the attacker would have to focus on the civilians shooting at him instead of all the unarmed people running around."
Perhaps. But more likely, it's wishful thinking to believe "you could have stopped the whole thing, if only you had been there with your .38." said Grayson Cash, an airline pilot who owned his first gun at 13 years old.
"As someone who has some firearm and self-defense training, I find it laughable to think that the average Joe, in a dark theater filled with teargas, could take out a well armed and armored assailant with a five-round .38 special," he said. "Arming more people will only eventually end in an accidental death."
Cash said he rarely fires weapons now, except for at the shooting range, and believes there should be strict rules for firearm purchases.
"I do not think the solution is to arm more people. I think the solution is to figure out what is triggering these people to do this, and to work on that."
This fool should stick to flying planes. Hopefully he does better at that.

Could an armed citizen have stopped the shooter? I guess we'll never know but who is he to decide what's best for people. Considering he surrendered to the cops without incident he may have fled out the back door at the first signs of resistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts