New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this via n e mail--very good news for us when over 50% of his own party want him out.

Our GOTV against Cuomo & Hochul produced positive results. Media
pundits predicted if Teachout received 30% it would be humiliating to
the Governor. She got more than that:

Cuomo - 62.1%
Teachout - 34.2%
Credico - 3.6%

Hochul - 59.9%
Wu - 40.1%

We made two endorsements. In the 40th Senate District Bob Castelli
lost the GOP primary for an open seat. In the 60th Senate District,
Kevin Stocker defeated incumbent Mark Grisanti in the GOP
primary. Grisanti voted for SAFE.

We also helped push out Malcolm Smith in the 14th Senate District
with GOTV postcards. Smith voted for SAFE.

·
Registered
897 Posts
1.2 + million gun owners in NYS we need to do better in November!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
The numbers at the bottom of the page tell a huge story ! For a state that has 20 million people and only have almost 11 million registered voters is saying that the ones who don't vote are lead around by the ones who do ! The primary is the same way but to the extreme meaning those who vote in the primary control who is on the ballot which then offers up who ( either conforms to your views or not ) either it's to your taste buds . This is a very telling story because it says either you get " skin in the game or you are left with someone else's ideas " . This should be brought up at every shooting range , club house and sportsmanship meeting in every part of this state . If we apply ourselves we can control every election in the whole state on every level ( this should motivate some of you to run ) this would really shake up Albany as ( little known fact you do not have to be a lawyer to be a judge , you just have to be elected ) we could then control most of the rules that the state has to abide by ! Just something to think about !

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
329425 clueless "humans" in this state who enjoy high taxes, degradation of their rights and a state that is spiraling down the drain because of 1 "man"

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Look at the bright side - Grisanti is GONE. Good riddance to that scumbag. One less piece of crap in the State Senate. He voted for unSAFE, he got what he deserved.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
329425 clueless "humans" in this state who enjoy high taxes, degradation of their rights and a state that is spiraling down the drain because of 1 "man"
But this is the nature of the primary. You control who is on the ballot whether the rest of the state likes it or not . If we get our act together we can control,who gets on and who doesn't ! This is a wakeup call guys ! This shows just how to win elections and how we can rule the state without being a gov ! It's a great idea to get some of you to run ! You can win !

·
Registered
481 Posts
The Erie County numbers for Hochul are interesting too. Although she beat Wu - basically an unknown in WNY - by 20%, Hochul was seen positively in her home county before she joined Il Duce's camp and she should have creamed him. The only thing that changed (beside going with Il Duce) is her reversal of position on the SAFE Act. To me, these numbers say that Democratic gun owners did get out and vote in Erie County and are not voting the Il Duce/Hochul ticket in November. That's heartening, but it won't be enough unless the turnout of all gun owners in November is historic. Keep beating the bushes with everyone you know.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Those results definately made Cuomo poop his pants a little.

I see the reader comments in every article i read online about Cuomo and for the most part the comments are all negative against him. Even yesterday working in NYC i heard a lot of Teachout talk but no Cuomo talk. All i know is all these negative talking people better get out and vote against Cuomo. If they don't there is absolutely no hope for NY. It might as well be a full fledged communist state.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
A quick look at the numbers:

Votes cast in Democrat Gubernatorial primary:
Total: 549,761
Number case in the 5 counties of NYC: 285,399.
Of those, FUAC got 158,736 votes (55.6%).
As previous interview-based polls have also shown, many of the Dems in NYC that do not support FUAC in the Dem primary because he is not Left enough (thus, they will never cross party lines and vote "R" in November despite their votes in the primary).

So, NYC represented 51.9% of the votes cast.
Only one non-NYC county had a voter representation that was in the range of the NYC counties: Erie

Erie cast 54,821 votes:
72.3% for FUAC
17.8% for Teachout
4.7% for Credico

So, since Republicans (let alone Conservatives) are in the minority in New York state, it would appear that the Democrats do not actually have to campaign outside of NYC and Erie County. If those jurisdictions turn out the vote, and vote heavily in favor of FUAC (which history indicates they will), there is nothing that Upstate can do to alter the outcome of this election. There just are not enough votes outside of NYC (plus Nassau and Suffolk counties) to turn the tide.

I hate to be a realist (because sometimes it really sucks). But, stock up, lock down, and grab hold. The next four years are going to make the last four look like a cake-walk.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
There just are not enough votes outside of NYC (plus Nassau and Suffolk counties) to turn the tide.
And the political demographics are only getting WORSE for Pubs in New York State.

We are about to enter into uncharted territory here in NY, for the first time in ANY of our lifetimes, the Senate is no longer a check on Gubernatorial power and the Legislature is effectively a rubber stamp for Baby Cuomo come next term. Losing the Senate is a far bigger deal than many hear seem to want to admit, in truth it's a bigger deal than Cuomo getting re-elected. Just wait until you see the chit coming out of the Assembly next year, we'll be wishing it was 2014.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothig like dose of reality to wake up push the vote!!!!!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Just trying to keep the New York tradition alive.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
And the political demographics are only getting WORSE for Pubs in New York State.

We are about to enter into uncharted territory here in NY, for the first time in ANY of our lifetimes, the Senate is no longer a check on Gubernatorial power and the Legislature is effectively a rubber stamp for Baby Cuomo come next term. Losing the Senate is a far bigger deal than many hear seem to want to admit, in truth it's a bigger deal than Cuomo getting re-elected. Just wait until you see the chit coming out of the Assembly next year, we'll be wishing it was 2014.
The Senate races are definitely key. Those in the "swing" districts need to go out the VOTE.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when FUAC got the news that Teachout got 34% of the vote.

·
Registered
897 Posts
In order to get things my way (typical gun owner) I'm going to have to register as a Democrat just to Fvck the democrats. Time to play their game.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Democrat controlled Senate and Assembly would be horrendous. Want to know what anti gun laws they will pass in January? Look at NYC, they will bridge the gap between NYS and NYC gun laws closer than ever: long gun registration and permits, 5 round mags, 300$ for pistol renewals, end of carry permits etc

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Democrat controlled Senate and Assembly would be horrendous. Want to know what anti gun laws they will pass in January? Look at NYC, they will bridge the gap between NYS and NYC gun laws closer than ever: long gun registration and permits, 5 round mags, 300$ for pistol renewals, end of carry permits etc
That would hasten the exit of more than a few people that I know, myself included.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
NYS Board of Elections Unofficial Election Night Results

Look at the results broken down by county, at the top of the page there are a few drop down boxes, at the one marked County Breakdown click it and choose Yes.
Look at the number of votes Teachout took in a number of the upstate counties. Albany, 18683 total votes Teachout lead by 58% In Albany!

Now look at the number of people who voted in the NYC counties, they are astounding.
Kings 95140, Queens 60985, New York County (33.77 sq ml) 78448 votes!

Either these numbers are rigged or then had lines around the blocks at the voting booths down there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts