New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you registered republicans have recieved notice from board of elections that tomorrow is primary day and who's on the ballots. Down here on Long Island no one I know who are registered republicans have recieve any notice at all.
What's going on?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Notified of my polling place, other than that nothing.

Primary process in NY is effectively closed when it comes to who'll be a delegate.

The average voter has no chance of effecting change given the NY's rules of the game.

The GOP Machine has a pre-approved list delegates (party stooges) who'll vote lockstep as directed.

They've little interest in what the average voter thinks, the primary is strictly a beauty contest.

I'm voting anyway, just to see how many non-Romney votes we can amass.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I didn't get any notification from the Board of Elections but will show up nonetheless.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I was number 51 at my polling location, which consolidated two districts into one.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
The primaries in any party are designed to go to the extremes by flattening the agendas and make promises that will never be delivered.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Voted. I have a hard time feeling justified in complaining about the government otherwise.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I didn't get any notice either, and quite frankly if you didn't start this thread I probably would have missed it entirely. Vote cast.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I got nothing, and when I went to vote, they didn't even have my name on the list, so I had to send a ballot in. Who knows if it'll end up counting.

I was the only one there as well...in fact, the polling place didn't even have any signs on the outside directing people. WTF!?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
My mom worked a polling place in Erie County today which covered 4 districts. A total of only 89 people voted. 54 for Romney, 12 for Ron Paul, and Santorum got more than Gingrich.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts