New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on various sites looking to buy another complete Pre Ban Colt..or perhaps just a lower. Is it just me or have prices gone way up in the past few days. Maybe I just got a really good deal on the last one.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Been going up for a while now.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Maybe they are uses the price of petroleum for the increase in prices.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The prices at a gun shop down here in Odessa made me laugh the other day. A Bushmaster BA50 for $8,400 (that's more than I paid for my M82). He had a nice Sako TRG42 in 338 LM with a high power nightforce scope for $9,700. I guessed some of the markups at at least 100%. And no, I didn't spend a dime there.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Glad it's not just here.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sucks though. I want to add two more Pre Bans to my collection. Not happening anytime soon. I just bought a Pre Ban Ruger 10-22. Serial # has it being made in 1992. I won't even say what I paid for it. It was a must have, so I paid the price. A PREMIUM price. Anyone want to take a guess at what I paid?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sucks though. I want to add two more Pre Bans to my collection. Not happening anytime soon. I just bought a Pre Ban Ruger 10-22. Serial # has it being made in 1992. I won't even say what I paid for it. It was a must have, so I paid the price. A PREMIUM price. Anyone want to take a guess at what I paid?
300 bucks?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not skyrocketting by any means here in the PacNW, but definitely rising noticeably. I think we may see a slight decline in a month or two when the majority of the population runs out of tax return money and have to spend their $$ on summer vacation stuff instead of guns.

It won't go back down to January levels, but maybe March/April. When fall hits and the imminence & uncertainty of the general election smacks folks in the face, prices will go back up maybe to Nov '08 levels. Not looking forward to it.

Same rules apply as always: If you see a great deal, buy a great deal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went to the show in Middletown last weekend and pre and post pan AR prices were insane. I went specifically to find a stripped pr ban lower but all they had were complete pre bans and prices were awful. They also had brand new lwrc, ruger and sig ARs all for way over msrp.
I ended up just buying a couple of pre ban 20 rounders and some .45.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Suby nailed it. $500 for a Pre Ban 10-22. A Ruger made in 1992 according to the SN. How did I do? :-o

·
Registered
284 Posts
Last pre ban colt lower I bought off ar15.com was 450 and in excellent condition. I jumped on it since it wouldn't have lasted another minute

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Suby nailed it. $500 for a Pre Ban 10-22. A Ruger made in 1992 according to the SN. How did I do? :-o
ouch, not worth it imo.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The rush happened early this year, I bought a lower in January and by February I couldn't find an upper in stock anywhere.

In 2008 the same thing happened, gun prices went insane for about a year. And ammo was nowhere to be found. Walmart has been cleaned out of .223 and 9mm for months.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JVG...I just wanted it. One of those things. On the flipside of the coin, I bought a Pre Ban colt AR for $900 shipped. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts