New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a WASR for a friend, first off, they are going for $500, not even close to being worth that imo, and secondly nobody has them in stock! Thanks Barry. This is getting ridiculous. I was looking for get a 308 CETME, just because, and they are over $600, again, not worth it. $500 is the most I would pay for one, may get a 308 saiga instead. This is annoying. End rant.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, forgot to mention, he called two local stores and they wanted $700 for the WASRs

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Around here they run mid-high 5s. Started at $399, then $450, then $500, now $550-570.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
If it was closer its be worth the road trip.
You said $500 was the max. They USED to be down there, but now they are $550 plus. I wanted one about 6 months after I bought my AR for the Yin and Yang, but not at those prices.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You said $500 was the max. They USED to be down there, but now they are $550 plus. I wanted one about 6 months after I bought my AR for the Yin and Yang, but not at those prices.
read it too fast initially.

definitely not worth it, plus NY tax on top, no way.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
read it too fast initially.

definitely not worth it, plus NY tax on top, no way.
Yeah. ;)

I was just mentioning that I too have in fact seen the WSARs go up. I should have bought one "way back when", but now I got the pistol bug so I won't be getting one for a while.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Supply and Demand - Basic Economics.

Big demand + small supply = High prices.

It's worth what you have to pay for it if you want it bad enough.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Supply and Demand - Basic Economics.

Big demand + small supply = High prices.

It's worth what you have to pay for it if you want it bad enough.
I get that, and am a big fan of it for the most part, except when the supply is purposely left short, not saying this is the case. But, there is definite price gouging going on.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
One of the local stores has WASRs selling for over $600 now.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Give some time after the presidential fiasco they may go down again. I've put a couple rifles of mine I don't use that often up for sale solely because of the spike in value.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He ended up buying a Stag model 3 at Dicks today, you got it out the door for with 40 rounds of federal ammo for tax and all $850. Much better deal than a over priced WASR imo. And I bought myself a Sig P260 subcompact 45, just going nuts waiting for it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Gotta love an election year,esp when you know who might tack on another 4 years......Everyone is buying guns and ammo at a near record pace....And the manufacturers are riding high on that wave...!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Evild.......Did you have good luck at Dick's ?? Not sure about your area,but the guys behind the counter at the one near me take the name of thier epmloyer to heart if ya know what I mean....! They are the only ones that carry a Stag in stock,but I refuse to deal with those clowns !

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Evild.......Did you have good luck at Dick's ?? Not sure about your area,but the guys behind the counter at the one near me take the name of thier epmloyer to heart if ya know what I mean....! They are the only ones that carry a Stag in stock,but I refuse to deal with those clowns !
Never bought a gun from them. 2 friends have, no issues.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts