New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a brand new in the box never fired remington 1100 20ga bird barrel only for 300$ what do they sell for new these days??

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
just got a brand new in the box never fired remington 1100 20ga bird barrel only for 300$ what do they sell for new these days??
You did buy the whole gun and not just a barrel new in the box right? ;) OK ... first off, there are TWO model 1100's. Old and New. The original 1100 is generally in the $300-$400 range used. The 1100 20ga price really depends on other things as well ... different checkering, year, engravings and so on will affect pricing BUT the fact remains that you got one NIB which is awesome!! The 1100 was replaced by the 1187. It was brought back as a competition model and .... I wouldn't use it as a deer gun IF it's a new competition 1100. We need pics to figure out what you have. So ... with that said ... $300 was a good deal either way!! Congrats!!

(that link above is for a new 1100 Sport which is really a competition gun .. very high end Remington shotty!! That's why it says Sport and not Hunter or chicken killer or something master etc. I almost soiled myself when I saw that price. LOL) I'm not at all saying you can't use it for hunting BUT if this is a new 1100, it'd be smart to keep it in the box or start shooting Sporting Clays in competition. :cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for the info ill get a pic up later. i couldnt find many listing for new 1100s. got the paper work in front of me says its model 1100 lt-20 synthetic 26 inch barrel

·
Banned
478 Posts
Remington prices really are getting obnoxious... I could sell my 5 year old 11-87 for more used than I paid for it, lol

Either way, nice find, they are a great shotgun.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
thanx for the info ill get a pic up later. i couldnt find many listing for new 1100s. got the paper work in front of me says its model 1100 lt-20 synthetic 26 inch barrel
I just looked at completed listings on 4 different gun auction sites and found alot listed but very few that sold. Most that actually sold were in the $300-$400 range. BUT .. based on the selling price of one NIB I found that sold this month, you'd be looking at $600+ for that gun!!! Very nice buy you got!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts