New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the range tonight. And another member "mr knowitall" starts lecturing me about using Preban mags in a post an ar15... I've never heard it was illegal ??? Then telling me that because my glock 23c (bought from co and shipped with a 10rnd mag) org a 13rnd one is also illegal mind you it never came into nys with a 13rnd mag... I was soo sick of listening .. I just walked away and pussed him off by bringing out the .50 bmg as he was using his high dollar .22. Nice looking though. But to each their own ....

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
people are idiots. Preban mags are FINE in post ban guns.

You just cant have post ban mags, period (without exemptions)

I love having guys voluntarily tell me though that they can use post ban mags (pmags, or 2011mfg) in their preban gun...as according to them you can use ANY magazine as long as you have a preban gun. The best part is they are smiling ear to ear like an idiot and telling me, a person they dont know from atom.

Retarded statements make my head hurt haha

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
NY penal law 265.00 ~ 22 covers firearms
NY penal law 265.00 ~ 23 covers magazines

The only thing 22 & 23 have in relation to each other are they are both in 265.00
IOW, they are totally seperate laws

A pre ban standard capacity mag can be used in a pre ban firearm
A pre ban standard capacity mag can be used in a post ban firearm
A post ban "high capacity" mag cannot be used in a pre or post ban firearm unless the individual meets the exemption status' that are also found in 265

1) find the actual law
2) print the actual law
3) carry that with you to range
4) show the actual law to the cluless, then
5) tell them to shove thier disinformation up thier ass, STFU and learn the actual law

Kinda pissy because I just got into this very same topic a few days ago with some ****tard at the club.
When he brought out the 'my cop freind said' card I went full ballistic in front of God and everyone else present

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
NY penal law 265.00 ~ 22 covers firearms
NY penal law 265.00 ~ 23 covers magazines

The only thing 22 & 23 have in relation to each other are they are both in 265.00
IOW, they are totally seperate laws

A pre ban standard capacity mag can be used in a pre ban firearm
A pre ban standard capacity mag can be used in a post ban firearm
A post ban "high capacity" mag cannot be used in a pre or post ban firearm unless the individual meets the exemption status' that are also found in 265

1) find the actual law
2) print the actual law
3) carry that with you to range
4) show the actual law to the cluless, then
5) tell them to shove thier disinformation up thier ass, STFU and learn the actual law

Kinda pissy because I just got into this very same topic a few days ago with some ****tard at the club.
When he brought out the 'my cop freind said' card I went full ballistic in front of God and everyone else present
+1 to what Tifosi said. Good information and advice.

and yes, the "well i have a friend that is a cop", is always classic! hahahaha

·
Registered
166 Posts
Confrontations like this make my glad I have my own range...

To be clear: I don't have anything illegal, but dealing with idiots is on my list of things I DON'T want to do when trying to enjoy my weapon(s).

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
True, there's less hassles that way, but there's also less oppertunity to spread the truth, which is how the lies continue to propegate: no one around to correct it, so old men and idiots just keep flapping thier lips to any who will listen

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!!! Best part the guy has his ffl .... You think he would know the law. Guess not !!!

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Class 3ffl can't you use post ban mags for personal use? I feel like I heard that somewhere.
I think with a type 07 FFL you can, as that makes you a manufacturer and gunsmith, and the mags are for testing purposes supposedly, same with anything that makes a rifle an "assault weapon" in NYS's eyes.
Class 3 means you can have suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, full-auto, etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts