New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
No-go for NY. These are made for CA where you can replace the mag body if it becomes damaged. In NY the mag body is considered the mag and once it's trashed it becomes junk and cannot be replaced. There's no rebuilding the mag body here in NY.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When I go to the gun show I am able to buy "pre-ban" mags. The bodies on these mags have absolutely no markings on them. The bottom mag plates have no markings. the followers have no markings, and of course neither do the springs. The entire mag is blank. So what is the difference with these? These have zero markings also. There is no way to prove these mags are pre or post ban or who the manufacture is.. You can order mag parts without markings.. If u got the parts and built a mag, who would know the difference between one you made and one purchased at a gun show? I am not saying I am buildling mags, I have just bought offical pre-ban mags from a NYFirearms member.

I am just trying to learn , I must be missing something? Are the mags at the gun show i see bull**** mags and I should stay the hell away?

Another question: If one were to be accused of possessing a post-ban mag, wouldn't law enforcement have to prove the mag is illegal? How can they do that with ZERO markings? I suppose one couldn't prove its pre-ban but you can't prove it's not.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
When I go to the gun show I am able to buy "pre-ban" mags. The bodies on these mags have absolutely no markings on them. The bottom mag plates have no markings. the followers have no markings, and of course neither do the springs. The entire mag is blank. So what is the difference with these? These have zero markings also. There is no way to prove these mags are pre or post ban or who the manufacture is.. You can order mag parts without markings.. If u got the parts and built a mag, who would know the difference between one you made and one purchased at a gun show? I am not saying I am buildling mags, I have just bought offical pre-ban mags from a NYFirearms member.

I am just trying to learn , I must be missing something? Are the mags at the gun show i see bull**** mags and I should stay the hell away?

Another question: If one were to be accused of possessing a post-ban mag, wouldn't law enforcement have to prove the mag is illegal? How can they do that with ZERO markings? I suppose one couldn't prove its pre-ban but you can't prove it's not.
If that's the risk your willing to take for a felony which in turn would remove guns from your possession forever by all means feel free to do so. Thats a whole new level of cheap and lazy. Prebans aren't hard to find and aren't much more then the new body if you look in the right places

1 - 6 of 6 Posts