New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find pre ban mags to fit my Glock32 .357sig. Not sure if there are any, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
703 Posts
No not really. You could use a preban 23 mag and change the follower however I am not sure if that is allowed or not...otherwise u can just get a Glock 23 40 barrel and use a 40 preban mag...that is what I did with My G32...I just had to make sure my permit reflected both calibers

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I guess a new barrel is the way to go, what is a good aftermaket barrel or is it better to just buy a Glock replacement? Then will go in search of pre-ban 40 mags.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
No not really. You could use a preban 23 mag and change the follower however I am not sure if that is allowed or not...otherwise u can just get a Glock 23 40 barrel and use a 40 preban mag...that is what I did with My G32...I just had to make sure my permit reflected both calibers
You can change the follower in a pre-ban mag.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely you can even use the 40 preban mag just the way it is for the 357 but again I would not take that chance in NY
Does anyone know if it is legal in NY to use the .40 pre ban mag in the G32?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Technically Darthgamer is correct. Changing a follower in a pre-ban mag is not considered manufacturing a new magazine by law, and is therefore completely legal. Also, the laws regarding pre-ban magazines are very specific in that ownership/possession of the mag is the only thing that counts; nothing about what gun you decide to stick it in. A caliber change by purchasing a new barrel is a different story, and would need to be reflected on one's permit as gqllc007 mentions. Sticking with .357sig though, there is no legal reason to not use a .40 magazine with a different follower (assuming that does in fact work, I have no idea)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Does anyone know if it is legal in NY to use the .40 pre ban mag in the G32?
The law refers to the magazine, not the handgun. If the mag is legal (10 or under or pre-ban) you can use it in anything.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The .40 cal magazine is identical to the .357, and completely legal to use in your G32. .357 is a necked down .40, find a pre ban and run it.

George

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for all the great help in answering my question.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes you can put a 357 follower in the 40 magazine...check out Lone Wolf Distributers for the follower...I was unsure if NY law would allow it but looks like it will

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes you can put a 357 follower in the 40 magazine...check out Lone Wolf Distributers for the follower...I was unsure if NY law would allow it but looks like it will
Would the follower need to be changed out seeing that the .357sig is a necked down .40? I know I have asked many questions here, but want to make sure I do it correctly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts