New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at an okay 30 round mag with interior stamps k2 on one side and 02 on the other side both internal does this mean its 2002 date? Want to know if its a good preban or a no good ..thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
I looking at an okay 30 round mag with interior stamps k2 on one side and 02 on the other side both internal does this mean its 2002 date? Want to know if its a good preban or a no good ..thanks
Your magazine is a Pre '86 Okay Industries 30 rounder.

K2 and 02 mean the same thing.

The magazine body started out life as two separate halves. Each of which is stamped individually, then welded together. I have seen magazines where the stamp on one side did not match (they were off by one month).

The KM date code scheme predates the KM YY date codes that are more sought after. An exampe of KM YY would be K6 87 (June, 1987).

Your magazine is preban, the two halves of the body were manufactured in February, year indeterminate, but prior to 1986.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I bought several pre ban 20 rounders from a FFL dealer that came with documentation....I also did some research on them and they were from 70-71 army/air force issue...I prefer the 20 rounders as they draw less attention to the mis-informed who like to ask a lot of questions without having any knowledge as to when they were made......

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I bought several pre ban 20 rounders from a FFL dealer that came with documentation....I also did some research on them and they were from 70-71 army/air force issue...I prefer the 20 rounders as they draw less attention to the mis-informed who like to ask a lot of questions without having any knowledge as to when they were made......
aluminum followers in a 20 are the old old ones. probably the ones your referring to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts