New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a dog eat dog world but when I see fellow ny'ers on ar15.com screwing others in ban states for $800+ is a sad day. Last pre ban lower I bought was on there and it was 475 shipped, which was last month or so.

If its someone on this board.... You are a low person . I call a spade a spade when I see one

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
I don't think it makes them a low person. They'll learn at some point that a product is only worth what people will actually pay.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I am sure I could get 1800 plus for a preban colt hbar match that is still in the box and never been fired. It has been sitting in the safe since 1993. But I am not interested in selling it yet.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If your ever down south, go to a flea market. Most of the time they will have prebans and not even know it. Some don't think about that. I already have scouts looking around so when I get my vacation, I'll be stocking up on a few.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
On the plus side though, at least NYS isn't getting sales tax out of the vast majority of preban transactions.

But yes, some of the prices are stiupid high when taking into consideration what specific brand/type is being offered.
A POS is a POS regarless of ban status, and there ain't a whole lotta sense in paying way to much for a POS.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
As stated above, if someone will pay that much for it, it's worth that much.

Personally, I don't see the allure of spending all that money just to have a collapsible stock and a flash hider/bayonet lug. But hey...to each their own.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's a dog eat dog world but when I see fellow ny'ers on ar15.com screwing others in ban states for $800+ is a sad day. Last pre ban lower I bought was on there and it was 475 shipped, which was last month or so.

If its someone on this board.... You are a low person . I call a spade a spade when I see one
Hate to say it, but $800 would be a bargain right now. Guys are getting offers on striped lowers for $1000+ within an hour of listing. Personally, I'd much rather build a complete BCM post ban for that kind of loot. I just won't give the libs the satisfaction of pissing away my money on a preban lower.

·
Registered
530 Posts
+1 just beat the bushes.... I bought a Sendra, and a PWA as complete rifles for less than $750 each and both were preban. JUst beat the bushes. People can ask what ever they want. Getting it is another story.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
As stated above, if someone will pay that much for it, it's worth that much.

Personally, I don't see the allure of spending all that money just to have a collapsible stock and a flash hider/bayonet lug. But hey...to each their own.
Same here...I don't need any of those options...

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I don't like the colapsable stocks, don't own a bayonet for any of my rifles (anymore), muzzle crowns are just fine for accuracy. The ban was produced a class of weapons that didn't need to be created. Most of the features banned are cosmetic in nature, have nothing to do with the function of the weapon.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
If your ever down south, go to a flea market. Most of the time they will have prebans and not even know it. Some don't think about that. I already have scouts looking around so when I get my vacation, I'll be stocking up on a few.
You could convince a flea market vendor to ship it to a NY FFL? You buying it and driving it home ain't legal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe we could ask the white house to appoint a pre-ban czar that could regulate prices so that they are "fair.". This would certainly protect NY gun owners from worrying about silly things like supply and demand. Dont lose sight of what caused the dwindling supply- it's not the seller, it's the regulation.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
You could convince a flea market vendor to ship it to a NY FFL? You buying it and driving it home ain't legal.
Shouldn't be any different than a private sale through an individual in thier living room or at a show I would imagine.
Purchase is made, no gov't form filled out, item is taken home.

A pistol isn't legal to just bring into the state like that, but long guns aren't regulated that way AFAIK.
If they are, there's a **** ton of people out there who are roving felons due to at some point bringing a long gun into NY as a result of out of state purchases, inheritances, gifts, etc.
Some even on a 'many weekends every summer' basis as they travel to and from out of state shows.

EDIT: Wrong, see below.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
People can charge whatever they want for something, doesnt make them a D-bag for wanting to get the most money they can get. Maybe it will sell, maybe it wont. Come to think of it, I have a vial of dried blood from former president Reagan for $39,900 if anyone is interested at this bargain price. You wont find any other blood, stool, semen, or other bodily fluid sample from Mr. Reagan around anywhere. Cash or partial trade.

Vial containing Reagan blood sample for sale, controversy included - BostonHerald.com

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
While we are on it I think the price of property is outragous too, come to think of it all that stuff is preUSA and people are hoarding it. I think Congress needs to investigate the lack of available preUSA property, after they are done with all the important Nation's Business you know the MLB steroid, SS and DEA Prostitute scandle and the travon martian thing. While they are at it maybe they can look into why the price of flood and earthquake insurance is being denied to property with pre-exsisting conditions.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts