New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused, and I've been meaning to ask about this for some time...I have a 10/22 that I bought used for my son in 1990, which makes it "pre-ban" But what I don't understand is how the lowly 10/22 fits into the AWB? Can someone enlighten me. TIA

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Those that made the Law didn't see a differance between Rimfire/Centerfire!! So like every thing else Pre-ban they are in demand I gave $210.00 for one at a gunshow so I would have no restrictions on my build (pistol grip/collapsible stock)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those that made the Law didn't see a differance between Rimfire/Centerfire!! So like every thing else Pre-ban they are in demand I gave $210.00 for one at a gunshow so I would have no restrictions on my build (pistol grip/collapsible stock)
Ah-hah. Now I get it. Just never looked at a 10/22 in that context. It's just a great squirrel gun

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never even gave a thought about the 10-22 and pre/post ban. I'm glad I read this thread. I bought a 10-22 off a guy I knew that was moving away last year. he almost begged me to give him $200. for it. I already had one so wasn't enthused about getting another.
I only had $180. on me and said that would have to be it. He took it.
Well, after reading this thread I go look up the serial # and its around a 1974 date with 113-####.
Damn, I'm happy now. Maybe I'll do a build with it.
Anyone know where one might get a couple of 10-22, 25 or 30 round mags pre ban for use in the Vampire State?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anyone know where one might get a couple of 10-22, 25 or 30 round mags pre ban for use in the Vampire State?
If your gun is pre-ban, I don't think your mags have to be... someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Pre-ban 10/22 mags exist, but are tough to find because they weren't as durable as an AR or AK mag.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Mags are completly different from the gun and have to be preban if it holds more than 10 rounds, and for the next question that will be posted in this thread, you can use pre ban mags in post ban guns

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Thanks for not answering my question and for not making any sense at all at the same time...

I didnt think it could be done but a previous comment in this thread made me wonder.
You ask about how legal it is to commit 2 felonies, you figure it out.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
that is the dumbest thing i have seen.
How is this different than any other preban ar? Other than being junk plastic, and a .22, I don't see the difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts