New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a portable gunrest for easy transportation.

Cant decide between a tripod set up (seen here) http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company...WG/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1333815104&sr=8-19 <-- not this model

a composite plastic one would save weight compared to sandbags

or a sandbag pack (seen here) Amazon.com: Shooters Ridge Bench Shooting Bags (Large Filled): Sports & Outdoors <--- this exact model

I figure the sandbags can also double as my cleaning stand. which means ill save some money there...

Opinions? I am not interested in a vice or "sled" setup. I have to hump a mile to the shooting area.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Most of the time, I wind up using my range bag ( a big tool bag) to shoot off of. Just watch the muzzle blast or you'll get some interesting designs.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol.. i only have a small satchel right now tried the other day and its just not thick enough :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
The Sportsman's Guide
my brother in law bought on of these. It's really light and I was pretty impressed with it for the price. We used it to sight in his rifle last month. I have a lead sled and don't have to bad of a walk or I would get one myself.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Just bought a set of Cadwell bags and it worked great sighting in a 10/22. That said, had an opportunity to shoot my Brother-in-law's Rem 700 in .223 a few weeks ago from a lead sled and there's no comparison. Wouldn't want to hump it back and forth though that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What did you decide on? If you haven't found anything that you like yet, look at these. I just bought one a couple of weeks ago at the Syracuse gun show and couldn't be happier ! To make it easier to hump around they suggest Tidy Katt kitty litter. It works great !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts