New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all off you folks who have to commute to NYC, just got this message from Sen Bonacic- Guess they are reducing parking on the Port jervis line- basically you can get a 12 month permit for the price of 1 month. I know some of us have to go into the dreadful city and at least we can save a few coins.

tdpark

I am pleased to report that the MTA Board has announced a one-year pilot program which will slash parking fees on Metro-North's Port Jervis line. This is intended, in part, to recapture some of the ridership lost in recent years, and to also attract new riders. The pilot program, beginning November 1, 2014, will offer a "12 for 1" annual parking permit with 12 months of parking available for the cost of one month, which equals a 91% reduction. This reduces the cost of annual parking from $235 to $20. Daily meter parking fees will also be reduced by 55% from $2.75 a day to $1.25 a day. Parking will remain free on weekends and holidays. Also a new outbound, midday Port Jervis line train will be added in 2015, which will close an almost three-hour service gap.While Port Jervis ridership is rising again, Metro-North has seen a loss in ridership over the last few years due to the recession and the track damage caused by Tropical Storm Irene. This is an opportunity for Metro-North to build up ridership, while those who need to get to points South of Orange County can enjoy a period of real savings.For more information on the one-year pilot program, visit www.rrparking.com or call 888-682-7275 (weekdays from 7am - 9pm.)

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
td, how long does it take from port jervis to grand central?

the idea of moving to pike county pa has entered my brain more than once, but my work is largely in NYC and while i prefer driving, i dont know if i could take 2.5 hours driving each way, every day, for the next 20+ years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a tough one. From port jervis- you probably looking at close to 1:30 or so to Hoboken and then from Hoboken you can to the path to 33rd. Or you can take Secaucus Junction to Penn Station. Your probably looking at least 2.5 hours or so. The Port jervis line has express trains that pretty much does not stop in nj until secaucuse. I get on at Harriman and take a little over an hour to get to Hoboken NJ. I commute to lower manhattan once a week.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Sorry Cgrutt- I got the letter this morning.
Nothing to do with you bro all good. I just find the timing funny is all...

He Celt think long and hard about that one. Its 2 hrs each way on the PJ line when everything runs good. It doesn't bring you into the city either you need to make connection at Secaucus and go into Penn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts