New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,362 Posts
Wiener wants a life in the public view, he needs to take what comes with it. I should think by now he'd have a thicker skin than to let a heckler get his shorts in a knot. He WAS wearing shorts...?

· Registered
1,362 Posts
I agree his wife has suffered enough.

· Registered
136 Posts
He's just continuing to prove he's not a leader.

· Registered
2,743 Posts
I don't think the guy should have brought his wife into anything.
You mean Weiner shouldn't have had his wife sitting with him when he said, "No, this time I mean it. I'm not sending pictures of my junk to girls young enough to be my daughter any more."? Because Weiner is the one who brought shame onto his family and brought his wife in to the mess to be criticized.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Living in the limelight, the universal dream......

· Registered
638 Posts
"...You're my judge?.."

Uh, when you are putting yourself up for public scrutiny in order to get citizens to vote you into public office that certainly qualifies one as being your judge. In fact, you are ASKING people to judge you.

Pathetic egomaniac.

· Registered
2,719 Posts
You mean Weiner shouldn't have had his wife sitting with him when he said, "No, this time I mean it. I'm not sending pictures of my junk to girls young enough to be my daughter any more."? Because Weiner is the one who brought shame onto his family and brought his wife in to the mess to be criticized.
No, the heckler didn't say, how does your (pretty hot) wife put up with your shenanigans?! He made comments about her being an "Arab" and most likely something awful which has nothing to do with his politics. Its not right no matter how you slice it.

· Registered
2,743 Posts
There is a big difference between criticism and racism.
There is. But if you go into an ethnic jewish community to pander for votes, and are willing to use jewish teachings as your defense (ie. "You're my judge?"), then is it really off limits to point out that Weiner has violated jewish law and culture by marrying a non-jew? The insult wasn't that she's an arab, but that he married someone who isn't jewish.

· Registered
9,139 Posts
There is. But if you go into an ethnic jewish community to pander for votes, and are willing to use jewish teachings as your defense (ie. "You're my judge?"), then is it really off limits to point out that Weiner has violated jewish law and culture by marrying a non-jew? The insult wasn't that she's an arab, but that he married someone who isn't jewish.
While your explanation does make sense I somehow doubt that was the case here. "scum bag" doesn't seem to fit as the reply to someone angry you married outside of your religion.

· Registered
2,743 Posts
I think "scum bag" refers to the previously mentioned sending pics of his junk to girls half his age, even after he got caught and said he had stopped. For example, I think Weiner is a scum bag, but I don't give a crap where his wife's ancestors are from.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.