New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
Any way of just overthrowing a state government not an entire country?

Not that I would ever advocate such a terrible thing....

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Any way of just overthrowing a state government not an entire country?

Not that I would ever advocate such a terrible thing....
Yeah its called voting. That's where it starts. Everyone needs to show up and vote. Years past the number of people voting is pathetic.

·
Registered
341 Posts
A journal entry from the "People's Uprising" fifty years ago back in 2015:

"It's a hot day already this fine August morn, ne'er a single shot heard yet. Slept out in a cool field. I had to leave my Pinto behind as it could go no further. I shot it, just once carefully placed, so as not to waste ammunition, nor to let the opposition have use of her. She was indeed a great car.
I believe I am somewhere in Pennsylvania. There's no uncontaminated water to be had, but lighting a fire with it is easy. The dead fish in the streams don't rot, they are cured by the chemicals, so I have filled my pack.
Soon I will join my brothers in our fight for independence from the Monsantoist Regime that grows all the corn and feeds the United States.
I miss terribly my wife and children I left behind. I fear always for them and pray they don't get raped by any of the 61% of population that doesn't really give a **** while I'm out on this suicide mission down to my last brick of .22s, doing my part to help rise up against the Monsanto DHS that bought up all those billions of rounds of 9mm ammo back in '13.
Onwards I march."

·
Banned
5,971 Posts
A journal entry from the "People's Uprising" fifty years ago back in 2015:

"It's a hot day already this fine August morn, ne'er a single shot heard yet. Slept out in a cool field. I had to leave my Pinto behind as it could go no further. I shot it, just once carefully placed, so as not to waste ammunition, nor to let the opposition have use of her. She was indeed a great car.
I believe I am somewhere in Pennsylvania. There's no uncontaminated water to be had, but lighting a fire with it is easy. The dead fish in the streams don't rot, they are cured by the chemicals, so I have filled my pack.
Soon I will join my brothers in our fight for independence from the Monsantoist Regime that grows all the corn and feeds the United States.
I miss terribly my wife and children I left behind. I fear always for them and pray they don't get raped by any of the 61% of population that doesn't really give a **** while I'm out on this suicide mission down to my last brick of .22s, doing my part to help rise up against the Monsanto DHS that bought up all those billions of rounds of 9mm ammo back in '13.
Onwards I march."
were going to revert to spelling like they did in the 1700s? Sadly, voting and legislation isn't going to change much

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Interesting polling numbers. Even given a very generous margin of error, it could still be well above 3% nationally.

It's a sad state of affairs that we're seeing numbers this high in any poll. But, perhaps it should be a little encouraging that 29% of respondents were apparently aware that things aren't going as they should be? If you've got 29% of the people polled saying revolution might be "necessary", then one can assume there were even more people who are unhappy with the direction of the country but think voting will bring us back on track.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Interesting polling numbers. Even given a very generous margin of error, it could still be well above 3% nationally.

It's a sad state of affairs that we're seeing numbers this high in any poll. But, perhaps it should be a little encouraging that 29% of respondents were apparently aware that things aren't going as they should be? If you've got 29% of the people polled saying revolution might be "necessary", then one can assume there were even more people who are unhappy with the direction of the country but think voting will bring us back on track.
It's easy to mark a box on a survey, but what percentage of said 29% really would participate in this revolt they feel is necessary?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I don't believe polls, but lets say it is accurate. That is pretty close to the number of Americans that actively called for separation when the Stamp Act , ( Patriot act 2001) was passed in 1764 and all pleas, and petitions to King George were ignored. It does look to me as though the regime IS trying to force this upon us. I have never seen a more divisive government, read that REGIME! I pray I am wrong.
Robin

·
Registered
341 Posts
DEMOGRAPHICS, people!

You can't take one area with one income base with one age group and expect they represent the whole nation. It's just silly;
-about as silly as the very notion of a revolution in this country. Never happen. Little outbreaks will be squashed like a martial-law whack-a-mole game.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah its called voting. That's where it starts. Everyone needs to show up and vote. Years past the number of people voting is pathetic.
This. I know pro-2A people who never even registered to vote or who have consistently voted for candidates who opposed the second amendment (like voting for B.O. twice). Anybody who thinks voting is a waste of time is very wrong. It will be tough in New York, but change is possible if we all do our part.

I should add that introducing people to guns in a safe, positive way can quickly make a lot of them supporters of our cause. Do your part.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yeah, let's see, draw a statistically significant conclusion from 863 voters and extrapolate to how many millions of registered voters?
Where did this guy/gal get his/her education, I wonder? The firgure according to MY poll is more like around 85%, not 29%. Yeah, I have the same level of education as this pollster.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.