New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Political pressure to sell Remington Arms eased | NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Utica News, Weather, Sports - | Local News

"A Forbes article published Thursday says the company that owns Remington Arms will be buying out their unhappy stock holders for $150 million, meaning no more political pressure to sell the gun maker.

"It solidifies their presence here, not only in Ilion, Herkimer County, but for the Mohawk Valley. I've been optimistic and I've said this time and time again they're not going anywhere," said Stephens."

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Just think how difficult it must be to pay taxes to and stay in a state that wants to put you out of business!
If it wouldn't suck for the employees, I wish they would pack up and move to a state that wants them!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Andy pisses on them, bans products they sell, and they stay. I have no respect for that. The employees should want Remington to leave and want to follow them.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Andy pisses on them, bans products they sell, and they stay. I have no respect for that. The employees should want Remington to leave and want to follow them.
I'm confused, you mean to tell me they'd earn your respect if they ran away?

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
It's a three ring circus, management vs union vs employees. It's also expensive to relocate, with a glut of persons looking to bug out, real-estate prices will crash on a local basis w/the employees taking the brunt of the local financial hardship.

Andy didn't screw NY he orchestrated a mass rape of it's citizens. Rape is non-consensual, and that's exactly what the Safe Act is.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Riiiiiight, because taking the easy route lways earns respect. /sarcasm.

Any company or person that stands up against this onslaught of crap, supports their employees so the dont have to uproot their families in this tough time, and fully supports everything that they make and stand for earns becoup respect in my books.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Riiiiiight, because taking the easy route lways earns respect. /sarcasm.

Any company or person that stands up against this onslaught of crap, supports their employees so the dont have to uproot their families in this tough time, and fully supports everything that they make and stand for earns becoup respect in my books.
Ask me if I'm buying ANYTHING from Remington while they continue to sell us down the river.

I feel for the workers in Ilion, but the company they work for is a double dealing hypocrite.

Suggesting that Remington "stood up" for anything but their bottom line denies reality.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'm confused, you mean to tell me they'd earn your respect if they ran away?
It's not running away, it's making a smart business decision. They can go to a more friendly business climate in a state that actually wants their business and products. Take the workers with them. Instead they continue to sit here and get government contracts in a state that hates them, their products and business in general and reward Cuomo with jobs and tax payers. I won't buy anything Remington but it's not like it matters. Their fat new government contracts have taken good care of them.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Im going to hold off buying anything from/in NYS until we get a ruling on Jan, 15, 2014.

THEN it will be decision time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts