1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Cheney hunting up North again?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Complete failure to follow the "always identify your target" rule. Was the guy wearing a hat made out of squirrel fur with a bushy tail hanging off the end?

·
Registered
791 Posts
In September, if you see something moving through the forest or trees in a squirrel-like manner, It probably isn't a squirrel. One of the things I enjoy about squirrels is the low stakes. Unlike deer hunting, you can squirrel hunt a number if times a week for six months. You're not going to miss out on a buck orTom and leave your freezer empty of you strike out. Any squirrel worth shooting is worth a second look. I'd rather leave one in the tree and have a good story than accidentally hurt someone.

I've shot red squirrel by mistake. But, I plainly don't understand how a person with vision good enough for hunting shoots a human by mistake.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
I thought only squirrels that big lived in cities.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It will be interesting to learn what 30-caliber round he was squirrel hunting with?
Bingo ! This happened near me,more or less. This time of year is prime deer poaching,velvet is off,bow hunters are not yet in woods. This is the time of year we had problems on our managed deer land . I saw a quick glimps of the rifle,the scope looked a quite big for a squirrel gun,although at a quick look It did look like it may have been a Glenfield or Marlin .22 . Cop came out of woods carrying the gun and a folding chair .....

Can't wait to hear what caliber it really is . Word on the street is shooter was taken into custody at least held,last night. Investigation on going.

a deer poaching accident is more believable to,me then a squirrel hunting accident,seeing as how squirrels tend to,be up trees or,on the ground .....

who knows though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts