New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A junior high vice principal arrested and jailed for hours after bringing a gun to school in a backpack Thursday morning was later released after police concluded he had not broken the law.
Bakersfield police had taken Tevis Junior High Vice Principal Kent Williams, 51, into custody sometime after 9 a.m. when a BPD school resource officer was told a staff member had a firearm on campus.

I would love to know where the "tip" came from.

Police: Junior high vice principal with gun broke no law - BakersfieldCalifornian.com

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
that idiot manuel martin is a brainwashed moron... saying "schools dont need another threat" in reference to a school adminstrator that is a law abiding, permit holding gun owner who would PROTECT students from an attack... man, these people make my head hurt.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Something about a Federal law about bringing a gun on school property. Permit or not.
The federal law does allow people with permits from that state to enter the the school gun free zone, another exception is a police officer who carries as part of his official capacity ( carries on the badge as ny) . The Feds carry in the school under that exception too .

it is state law that prevents permit holders from carrying on school grounds without written permission of the school

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
The federal law does allow people with permits from that state to enter the the school gun free zone, another exception is a police officer who carries as part of his official capacity ( carries on the badge as ny) . The Feds carry in the school under that exception too .

it is state law that prevents permit holders from carrying on school grounds without written permission of the school
Since this guy was a school administrator, he would be one of the people to give permission for someone to carry on premises, so it'd be hard to say he didn't have it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I would love to know where the "tip" came from.
lol... Is always the case! Pissed off co-worker? Partner, wife, student??? Lmao!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.