New York Firearms Forum banner

Police Chief Praises Armed Doctor Who Shot Active Shooter – “Without a doubt,

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Evild 
#1 ·
As we've previously reported, an armed doctor prevented a possible mass shooting in a Pennsylvania hospital yesterday. The doctor engaged the shooter, hitting him multiple times in the chest and saving an unknown number of lives in the process.

Now, the Yeadon Police Chief, Donald Molineux, is heaping praise on the doctor (identified as Lee Silverman). According to
Yahoo News/AP,

The hospital has a policy barring anyone except on-duty law enforcement officers from carrying a weapon anywhere on its campus, a spokeswoman for the Mercy Health System said.

But Yeadon Police Chief Donald Molineux said that "without a doubt, I believe the doctor saved lives."

"Without that firearm, this guy (the patient) could have went out in the hallway and just walked down the offices until he ran out of ammunition," the chief said.

Police Chief Praises Armed Doctor Who Shot Active Shooter - "Without a doubt, I believe he saved lives"

#8 ·
Being a Doc, good chance he will be fine, If he had been the janitor or a security guard, he would be fired by now.

#15 ·
The fact he's a doctor is irrelevent really. They kept making it sound like because he's a "doctor" he was more qualified to intervene or should have. If anything as a doctor I hope he gave first aid to the bad guy after he shot him?

In all seriousness though, great job by the doc. Hopefully the hospital doesn't hang him out to dry for carrying on their property. I don't know what their policy is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.