New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have a pocket holster slip from your pocket while sitting in a recliner?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Me either, the whole idea of a good pocket holster is that is "sticks" to the pocket by means of the material they are made from.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My brother inlaw wears gray sweatpant most of the time. He just slips his handgun in the pocket and calls it good. I'm sure his has sliped out of his pocket on occasion. Going to do a toilet duty is another place where it would fall out as well.
Most pocket sleves are made of material that sticks to the pocket so you won't be dropping your gun.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Anyone ever have a pocket holster slip from your pocket while sitting in a recliner?
How far back where you laying? No, can't say I lost a gun out of a pocket.

·
Registered
437 Posts
No. Remora or Desantis will assuage this fear.

Disclaimer, I've only done this 3-4x IMO it's not a real option. I've never met anyone who trains in this manner of carry. They may be out there, but I'm not familiar.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
No. Remora or Desantis will assuage this fear.

Disclaimer, I've only done this 3-4x IMO it's not a real option. I've never met anyone who trains in this manner of carry. They may be out there, but I'm not familiar.
You don't know anyone that pocket carries?

Nice to meet you sir!

Now you do.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's an LCP in a Nemesis. I was wearing shorts that I usually don't carry in, and I was practically horizontal in the recliner. These shorts have larger than average pockets/openings.

I've carried this combo for about 4 years and this is the first time it has happened. I'm a little freaked out about the whole incident as I've never lost control of one of my guns for any length of time.

As a practical matter, I could just not carry in this pair of shorts, or I'm considering one of the smaller IWB holsters from Crossbreed.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
It's an LCP in a Nemesis. I was wearing shorts that I usually don't carry in, and I was practically horizontal in the recliner. These shorts have larger than average pockets/openings.

I've carried this combo for about 4 years and this is the first time it has happened. I'm a little freaked out about the whole incident as I've never lost control of one of my guns for any length of time.

As a practical matter, I could just not carry in this pair of shorts, or I'm considering one of the smaller IWB holsters from Crossbreed.
N82 professional holster for iwb. I have crossbreed holsters and N82 blows them away.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Ik I say it to almost ever post that someone talks about iwb / conceal carry and its for good reason. I, like many of us, have so many holsters like bikers (like myself) have jackets.

Iwb carry is my n82 of I am not OWB carry.

I do have a remora pocket holster for my LCR and usually use that with longish cargo shorts where the pockets (front or cargobpocket) are deep to not have to worry about anything slipping out.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I... I was wearing shorts that I usually don't carry in, and I was practically horizontal in the recliner. These shorts have larger than average pockets/openings..
That explains a lot, wasn't enough down ward weight to keep the gun in your shorts. A smaller pocket on the shorts would keep the gun from "swimming" around.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Now we both know that is not what I said. I know people who do. I have never met anyone TRAINING to pocket carry. I have taken a few classes and have never seen this done in any of them. I have never even heard it mentioned as an effective choice.

I have put my gun in my pocket and made a day of it, but its not in my opinion a viable option for defense.
If you know how to effectively fight from this position, I would love to learn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts