New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What weapon would you choose for a pocket carry what do you guys like what seems to work best for you. Fit finish accuracy reliability throw me some options.....Thanks everyone

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Personally I really like the sig P238. Its .380, could be a little lighter but its small. Great accuracy and little recoil. It is pricey though compared to the other options out there.

·
Registered
621 Posts
P3AT with a crimson trace laser in a nemesis holster. Never had an issue with reliability and so small and light sometimes I forget its in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Ruger LCP. I also have a Derringer that is a .38 special.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Cellphone, Pen, Paper, SOG Aegis, Leatherman Super Tool, LED Flashlight, and Kel-Tec PF9.

The Sig P238 or Springfield XDs would make excellent pocket carry choices if you have pants with larger pockets.

My PF-9 has been flawless since I bought it new, but I have heard that Kel-Tec has been having some intermittent quality control issues.

If you have the extra cash, the XDs would make an excellent mini IWB/OWB carry piece, or a good cargo pocket carry piece with a pocket holster. It's bigger than the P238 and PF-9, but not by much. It could be easily carried imho.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
kel tec p3at in a desantis nemesis. if that prints too much with what i'm wearing (like at mechanical bull night at the saloon) i'll go with my naa mini-revolver in .22 mag, but that one isn't usually carried as my only means of defense.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Best fit and finish?
Noisy cricket
Excellent action and reliability, but reported to have a bit of a stout recoil that can severely interfere with follow up shots.

I carry an ancient .25 auto occasionally in a hand made pocket holster. In front pocket it prints like a folded stack of bills.

Difficult to come by these days in a handgun, wildly inaccurate beyond about 7 yards, and a lot of people poo~poo the caliber for 'lack of knock down power' (yet would jump all over a 22LR two shot derringer)

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
P3AT with a crimson trace laser in a nemesis holster. Never had an issue with reliability and so small and light sometimes I forget its in my pocket.
Same here except I use a Galco pocket holster.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts