New York Firearms Forum banner

Plated VS FMJ vs Lead

Tags
fmj lead plated
842 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Evild 
#1 ·
Did some testing with the Glock 34 this am, new rear sight is causing it to shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaaauy low at all yardages so it has to go, but that's not the purpose of this thread. I used 4 Different Loads, 124 Plated over WST, my go to IPSC 130 PF load, 124 gr FMJ over WST, and cast by me lead over WST, and FMJ load my friend usues for IPSC which also makes 130 PF, I think he uses American Select powder. These were at 15 yards, i tried at 25 also but I was 8 inches low and used Kentucky elevation so I am discounting them, but the results are similar. One oof the lead shots is a double and I pulled the other off the paper so there is only 4 holes. Draw your own conclusions.

See less See more
#5 ·
It might help if you label the photos, either above, or list an order right before they start :D
WTF??? I labeled them and they are still coming up labeled on my photobucket account, don't know why they aren't on here,

Anywho 1st is my go to load, Plated over WST , second is my friends load, third is FMJ over WST, last is lead over WST.

#4 ·
What barrel?

benched?

freestyle?

Lots of variables here.

#8 ·
how much lead had you run through before you shot the FMJ's?

I am not going to give you the standard lead/glock barrel lecture as I am sure you are aware. But I will say buy a KKM and save yourself lots of time and frustrations.

#9 ·
Lead was last. I don't subscribe to eh whole lead in the glock issue, been shooting lead through my 17 since 1989, you have to clean your gun tho.
I just had a serious brain fart :(

I am guessing those are about 6 inch diameter targets. Did you expect such large groups from a bench? I think its possible your last group was better due to your learning how to compensate for the sights.
I think a lot of it was the rear sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.