New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually hunt in Maine for grouse in the early season, but family health issues are keeping me in NY.I'm looking to hunt the Connecticut hill WMA this year, but can't seem to find a campground that's open after the Columbus day weekend.I was looking into the area around Trumbull Corners, as I'm coming from the east. Any help would be appreciated, as the dogs and I need a break from life for a bit to recharge the batteries. Steve

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
CT Hill has a decent grouse population, pretty thick in a few spots, but you'll do good with a dog.

What dates do you plan on staying?

This place is open until the 15th, probably if you called them they might be able to stretch it a week for you.

welcome to PINECREEK campground

If you want a hunting partner let me know, I have never had the privledge of hunting behind a dog on grouse.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CT Hill has a decent grouse population, pretty thick in a few spots, but you'll do good with a dog.

What dates do you plan on staying?

This place is open until the 15th, probably if you called them they might be able to stretch it a week for you.

welcome to PINECREEK campground

If you want a hunting partner let me know, I have never had the privledge of hunting behind a dog on grouse.
Thanks for the link.I checked out pine creek and one other camp around cayuta lake too.Both close right after Labor day.I was looking to go from the 16th to the 20th,after the crowds leave and things calm down a bit.I have the number for the DEC office,and am going to give them a call to see if they have any info too.They give out camping permits,but I don't want to risk getting my tent or other camping stuff lost while away hunting.I'll PM you about hunting after I get some more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts