New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to moving to NY I lived in states that had no Rd restrictions in Mags, so I actually never knew about the law. I have a pistol that uses a 10 rd mag now, but want to get different one. Where can I find what gun can swap or use pre ban mags. Also what about online pistols that sell with say 12 or 15 rd mags? how can I find if they can use 10 rd mags and where can I get them if they can use them? Will the dealers swap 10 rd mags for the hi cap if I request it?

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you buy a gun from a store they will swap the mags and make sure you get ten round mags.

As far as guns that had per ban mags glocks, sig p226 I believe is the model, beretta 92 are just a few that I can think of right now.

Ordering online you'd have to find a place that will send you ten rounders or buy ten rounders on your own and give the mags that hold more than ten rounds to the ffl who is doing your transfer. Maybe he will sell them for you give you money for hem, but either way to be in possession of the not ten rounders and leave them with your ffl.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
#1 Where can I find what gun can swap or use pre ban mags.

#2 Also what about online pistols that sell with say 12 or 15 rd mags? how can I find if they can use 10 rd mags and where can I get them if they can use them? Will the dealers swap 10 rd mags for the hi cap if I request it?
#1: http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/ha...ns-have-pre-ban-magazines-available-them.html

This is only one thread, but there are several. I can't even find the one I posted in, but the list above covers most of them, I believe. More searching on this site should give you at least 10 pistols that accept pre-ban magazines

#2 To the best of my knowledge, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, there's only a SMALL amount of guns that you can't get a 10 round mag for, but the only one I can think of right now is the XDM? (I think? - it's definitely an SA XD model). You should be able to contact the manufacturer if you are unsure. Further, ANY pistol bought in NYS will ONLY have a 10rd (or less) mag with it. If you buy it out of state, you can ask the seller to not ship w/ the standard capacity mag that is illegal in NYS and see if they will send a 10rd instead, or when the gun comes to your FFL, if they don't tell you you can't have it, just give it to them and tell them you can't have it

(to save the argument, i'm specifically only talking about buying new pistol w/ factory mags... obviously there are places thruout NYS that sell pre-ban mags also)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts