New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i called Sig about the 1911 45 to 22 conversion kit.
i wanted to see if they offered it without the threaded barrel or us in NYS.

he said they dont offer a plain barrel and that the threaded barrel was fully compliant because it needed a bushing to accept anything.
This doesnt seem correct to me. I would really like one of they kits but dont want to be a Safe act test case.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I may be wrong but if you order the kit and bring the barrel to a smith to have the thready removed you should be good to go. To be 100% sure you could have a FFL order it for you and do the work so you never need to have possession of the barrel.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Can u jb weld a cap on the threads? U run into issues field stripping the gun if you jb weld the thread protector on a sig 1911-22 or a Walther p22.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Buy it and have the dealer strip the barrel before you leave the store if your concerned, then send it out and have the threads removed and re crowned at your convenience. As per the law it is illegal to have a fire arm with a threaded barrel, it's not illegal to own a barrel less gun or a threaded barrel they are just parts.

I've been hearing allot of talk about "intent" lately and that doesn't hold legal water .... Parts like full automatic sears covered by the Feds or silencers in NY are specifically written that if in your possession it's illegal .... Barrels, grips, compensators, flash hiders, pistol grips ect no such law exists. If one did exist then it would apply to all firearms with these features and not just semi autos that accept detachable mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts