New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I opted out as soon as I could. The list people that have pistol permits should be private. Maybe it would give those criminals a reason to second guess themselves...., but probably not. Criminals don't think that much about their actions. Regardless it is no ones business if I have a pistol or not period!

Pistol permit records could become private as opt-out exemptions grow

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Public until made private.... Guilty until proven innocent.

Ahh how the world has changed.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
They should have been private all along. The Government doesn't release lists of those who get the flu shot. Why should they release names of citizens who have pistol licenses? Intimidation is why.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Really only matters for those who have gotten their permits since they started the opt out program. Most everyone else who has a permit for any length of time is already on lists on the net. There are several places, I found my name and old addy on one of them, don't remember which one though.

Here's one... https://sites.google.com/site/whospackingnyisback/

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Really only matters for those who have gotten their permits since they started the opt out program. Most everyone else who has a permit for any length of time is already on lists on the net. There are several places, I found my name and old addy on one of them, don't remember which one though.

Here's one... https://sites.google.com/site/whospackingnyisback/
Great. Make it easier by spreading the URL around.

On another note, looks like Putnam County is well represented!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Great. Make it easier by spreading the URL around.

On another note, looks like Putnam County is well represented!
Think that really matters anymore, seriously ? My 10yr old granddaughter is smart enough to find anything she wants on the net using Google. Any half minded person can dig up any information they want at any time. That's only one such site, there are others that are way more informative.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are providing these exemption forms in all the permit packets from my county. I didn't really care about it so threw it out. The clerk handed me another when she was reviewing my paperwork for submission so I figured that was a signal that most people were doing it so I filled it out. I am guessing they are routinely approved .

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Think that really matters anymore, seriously ?
Yes. Yes I do. Thank you for asking. Your 10 yr old granddaughter is vastly smarter than the liberal progressive anti-gunners.

I filled out the exemption. I'm still "outted". Although they did misspell my home town, the flag is still marking my home address.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yes. Yes I do. Thank you for asking. Your 10 yr old granddaughter is vastly smarter than the liberal progressive anti-gunners.
She is much beyond her years I feel, don't know where it came from but it sure wasn't from her parents. But, that thinking is part of the problem. Too often everyone has underestimated the liberal progressive anti-gunners, thinking they aren't smart enough to take our guns, where has that led us ? Ten years ago I didn't think they could get us this far behind the ball, now it seems our rights are on the verge of extinction more and more each month.

I filled out the exemption. I'm still "outted". Although they did misspell my home town, the flag is still marking my home address.
The clerk at the Sheriffs Dept asked me if I was going to fill one out but I haven't yet, didn't see any sense as the info is already wide spread. Although it may be a good idea for any future BS.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The clerk at the Sheriffs Dept asked me if I was going to fill one out but I haven't yet, didn't see any sense as the info is already wide spread. Although it may be a good idea for any future BS.
This was exactly my thoughts as well. But during a transfer Joyce(?) convinced me to fill out the form anyway. So I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts