New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my pistol permit early this year. Just wanted to confirm if it is restricted or unrestricted. My permit states at the top "License to Carry Pistol is Hereby Granted To" in red on top and Sport/Recreation in red just above the Judge's name. Again, I just wanted to clarify because I am hearing different. Nothing on the permit specifically states restricted OR unrestricted.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Call the issuing agency tomorrow to confirm but unless restrictions are listed on it, your good for full carry conceal.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Received my pistol permit early this year. Just wanted to confirm if it is restricted or unrestricted. My permit states at the top "License to Carry Pistol is Hereby Granted To" in red on top and Sport/Recreation in red just above the Judge's name. Again, I just wanted to clarify because I am hearing different. Nothing on the permit specifically states restricted OR unrestricted.
Can check with County. I'm in Erie, mine says on top "license to carry is granted"
Under picture says "unrestricted"

Kind of ridiculous a NY state license has to look different in every County.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
By law, all NY permits are unrestricted. No such thing as restrictions in NY law.

However, you mentioned the Sport/Recreation stuff in red. Those are the administrative restrictions. Not a law but an "agreement" between you and the judge.

Some say "Unrestricted", some like mine say "Restrictions: None", sand some simply omit them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts