New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also live in Colonie. I met with detective over something(can’t remember his last name) in March 2020. It took me sometime to get my references back so I finally got everything in mid August 2020. The detective called me to tell me everything was in and now it was a wait. Fast forward to July 2021 and officer splunkowski called to tell me that my background check was just finished and now it was off to Albany county to get looked over by a judge. That’s my story so far
Thanks for the info. So looks like I got an other 8 months to go for him to review things. Ouch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spoke with Colonie Police Officer Splonskowski on April 28, 2021 to request an interview. I was informed it would be in 3 to 4 months. I called today August 24, 2021 and was told it would be another 2 to 3 months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just an update/FYI:

I dropped off all paperwork around 2nd week of April 2021.

I emailed Office Splonskowski around December 2021 to make sure he had gotten all my paperwork. Apparently the permit process is now re-assigned to Officer McCarthy.

I was informed all my paperwork was in order, and he'd let me know when he starts the background stuff.

To date, still haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another update. Colonie Police finally approved the permit, about 1 year after paperwork submitted. Now it goes to the Albany County Judge(s). I think another 3-4 more months of waiting, but we shall see.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts