New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to pin a SKS mag to 5 rounds, have a Canadian friend that needs it done, pretty sure I can pin the mag at the 5 round mark and schroom it over to make it hard to get out with out power tools, but want to know if there is a better way

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
On mine, I just put five rounds in, marked the follower, drilled a small hole below it and put a revit so the follower would stop from adding anymore rounds. Would that help him?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On mine, I just put five rounds in, marked the follower, drilled a small hole below it and put a revit so the follower would stop from adding anymore rounds. Would that help him?
probably, I'll ask him how permanant it has to be.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If need be, I could make it more permanent with a weld.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
from what I have seen they either cut the magazine at the halfway mark, weld the bottom back on and try to re-blue it - or they literally fill the entire bottom half of the magazine with solid solder so I'm thinking a rivet might not be good enough but I don't actually know any of their laws or anything of course, I only know the above information from talking to a Canadian SKS owner on youtube and asking him how they nerf their mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts