·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh...they did win two world wars. All the allies did.
You're right, they did...I just find it ironic that he's implying for a use of force against ISIS (which would probably involve guns) when he's so anti gun himself.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
thats scarry Piers thinking!! were is the bloody bastard now in england i hope?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Someone should remind him that back in 1940 we (US citizens) needed to donate rifles to a disarmed England so that they could defend themselves.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Font Poster Circle

i think old piers needs to brush up on his history. the British army was nearly wiped out a Dunkirk, and would have been if not for Goerings overconfidence in the Luftwaffe. Thus we get the British begging for arms to protect the homeland and in instituiton of lend lease during the period of american isolationism. it's very likely that if hitler had not invaded russian and had instead crossed the channel, england would have fallen.

but i guess it's easier to have a smug attitude and call us stupid americans.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
WWII isn't that the one where US civilians sent their own private firearms to England so they could defend their shores?

I think Piers' father was a USGI.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
View attachment 35177

i think old piers needs to brush up on his history. the British army was nearly wiped out a Dunkirk, and would have been if not for Goerings overconfidence in the Luftwaffe. Thus we get the British begging for arms to protect the homeland and in instituiton of lend lease during the period of american isolationism. it's very likely that if hitler had not invaded russian and had instead crossed the channel, england would have fallen.

So that's where all the .22lr went.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not saying that the US won both world wars on our own, BUT if it wasn't for the US England would have become a German speaking country about 1918... Not to mention the role the US played in defeating the third reich...

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
View attachment 35177

Disblo thank you for the history lesson ! It's the same one my father told me as it happened not as Piers thinks it happened ! Churchill came begging for quite a bit of stuff just to keep them from being run over plus as it was revealed it was a smart move on our part because they have everything there when we entered the war after Pearl Harbor ! So thank you for getting it right !

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Not saying that the US won both world wars on our own, BUT if it wasn't for the US England would have become a German speaking country about 1918... Not to mention the role the US played in defeating the third reich...
Once with the 1903 spring fields and then with the garand . You can't make this stuff up as Piers is trying ( but when your head is so far up your ass then you suffer from a lack of oxygen , that the only explanation I can give for his condition !)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The French played a FAR greater role than the British, and also suffered greater losses and casualties.

As for Britain's and the U.S. role in defeating the Third Reich, the Russians are the REAL reason why nobody's speaking German.

Soviet losses and casualties against the Germans were staggering, they dwarf ANYTHING we or the Brits sustained.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Next plea from England will be: Please send a dollar so we can pay the ransom's.

It's O'blamers fault

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Sorry brother, you couldn't possibly know that for sure.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That's right. I forgot about him. I thought he had passed away or something.
He died of ass cancer, he is just releasing articles from the grave like Elvis or tupac with records

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Only in the USA is that history taught.

The rest of the world gets the truth; The US showed up late, did little, claimed victory.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
he's trying to be relevant.....FAIL!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Winning a war.

Freedom's Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II: Arthur Herman: 9781400069644: Amazon.com: Books

Blood sweat and tears won the war, both by military and civilian. "Freedom's Forge" tells the story of how American ingenuity, manufacturing and labor put the technology into the hands of the ground pounders, grunts, squids and airmen to help the axis fascist die for their countries. The books notes that many Americans died on the job producing defense goods (work place accidents.) No $15/hr hamburger job stories in this book.

A lot of interesting government-industry ideological conflict happened too. Back in the day government was an obstructionist pain in the ass to manufacturing/industry. When Roosevelt/congress got out of the way American ingenuity went 300% above expectations. If we didn't produce weapons/ships, we were making the tooling to send to England/Russia so they could produce war goods.

It was an across the board world wide team effort with extensive civilian/military sacrifice, dedication and effort.

If anything it was the free-market capitalistic attitude that inspired America to greatness.

Read the damn book.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts