·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Congrats! That's pretty quick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, now that I've got my permit... I no longer live or work in Chemung county. Lady at permit office says I have to transfer it to either the county I work in or the county I live in. Work in Steuben, live in Tioga. Steuben is obviously the better choice, but do I have to transfer it? I thought all I had to do was update my residency? No Restrictions on permit, fear I might loose that in Tioga co.

·
Registered
261 Posts
So, now that I've got my permit... I no longer live or work in Chemung county. Lady at permit office says I have to transfer it to either the county I work in or the county I live in. Work in Steuben, live in Tioga. Steuben is obviously the better choice, but do I have to transfer it? I thought all I had to do was update my residency? No Restrictions on permit, fear I might loose that in Tioga co.
I got my res. In herkimer just last ninth. While waiting a year for my permit I moved to onedia county. The clerk processed my transfer to oneida the day I picked it up and but a pistol on it. She said they had to be transfered.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
you are not legally required to transfer your permit to a different county when you move. You are only required to notify the licensing agency of your new address. if you want to change the permit to a different county then that is your CHOICE.

Congrats on being permitted to exercise a natural right to defend yourself and your loved ones.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Like celt said..

i left mine untransffered for 5 years..its just the difference of having you DL match your Pistol licsense..no law on it, just what u prefer..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Like celt said..

i left mine untransffered for 5 years..its just the difference of having you DL match your Pistol licsense..no law on it, just what u prefer..
Well I think I am going to try to stop my transfer then when Oneida county notifies me. The clerk told me it was happening and the gun store I bought my pistol from said I had to transfer. I didn't have a choice and wasnt asked. Think I'm going to make a few calls.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well I think I am going to try to stop my transfer then when Oneida county notifies me. The clerk told me it was happening and the gun store I bought my pistol from said I had to transfer. I didn't have a choice and wasnt asked. Think I'm going to make a few calls.
Why not just let it roll?? I've Transfered 4x, your permit stays what it was. this fear of demotions gotta end man..im proof! maybe...jussssst maybe with the exception of that Albany County poster who says it happens there..(but he did'nt do a transfer, so really thats not even 1st hand) cause this stuff has been covered in a diff thread. ive done it 4 different Counties then back to my originating county, No restrictions, good til revoked followed me everytime..but each to his own..whatever you do goodluck..I only just recently did the one after 5years cause i wanted the addreses to match with my DL that expires in friggan 2020 lol.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Why not just let it roll?? I've Transfered 4x, your permit stays what it was. this fear of demotions gotta end man..im proof! maybe...jussssst maybe with the exception of that Albany County poster who says it happens there..(but he did'nt do a transfer, so really thats not even 1st hand) cause this stuff has been covered in a diff thread. ive done it 4 different Counties then back to my originating county, No restrictions, good til revoked followed me everytime..but each to his own..whatever you do goodluck..I only just recently did the one after 5years cause i wanted the addreses to match with my DL that expires in friggan 2020 lol.
You have a good point. My permit is restricted anyways. However my reasoning is as follows. The clerk told me that due to my occupation I would have a very good chance and it would be easy to get an unrestricted from the judge in herkimer. In oneida it is not so much because I have read, and the clerk told me also, it is very hard to get an unrestricted here. But hey, concealed is concealed right.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Out of curiosity,if you only change the address do you still go to the county clerks office where the permit was originally issued for amendments?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Out of curiosity,if you only change the address do you still go to the county clerks office where the permit was originally issued for amendments?
You gotta fill out the downloadable form from NYSP and "shoot" it over to the County of your Permit. Font Parallel Rectangle Number Screenshot It could be a little different than this but this one is the 2014 version i was just given a few weeks ago from Putnam but it was slightly different than the Ulster one. Basically an "in the system ammendment" but you wont be getting a new printed Permit unless you do a full out Transfer.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
you are not legally required to transfer your permit to a different county when you move. You are only required to notify the licensing agency of your new address. if you want to change the permit to a different county then that is your CHOICE.

Congrats on being permitted to exercise a natural right to defend yourself and your loved ones.
It depends on the county. I know for a fact Orange will not allow that. Westchester loves to keep people to keep collecting a fee every 5 years.

My buddy moved from Westchester to Orange and they kept trying to persuade him to keep it there. He said he would if they removed the hunting and target restrictions.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It depends on the county. I know for a fact Orange will not allow that. Westchester loves to keep people to keep collecting a fee every 5 years.

My buddy moved from Westchester to Orange and they kept trying to persuade him to keep it there. He said he would if they removed the hunting and target restrictions.
ahh but to persuade don't mean a daaaamn thing..they just want your new info for no good reasons. Everyone is perfectly fine without doing any Transfers at all.. Bein that I've been living my life like that, moving several times with DL address always changing, buying this House,selling and doing again..My Permit stayed the same. Get pulled over few times throughout those many years, handed it over with DL and nodda..I've shown it as Identification and 2nd forms of ID in these 4 Hudson Valley counties, never ever did or does it matter..cause its a New York State License..the world is reasonable enough to understand people move.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts