New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a litte while back i Sold my M1 Underwood thinking i was buying a scope for my Ar..... Well i decided to keep whats on there and invest in another rifle instead. Was talking to a board member for a few months about is Cetme he had and i guess he finally decided to let it go :). I got a early C.A.I Cetme with a Cast receiver. It was fashioned with unissued parts and its well made so far. I had bought a clamp on style mount but nothing is working so i ordered a Rail to weld on from a guy who makes them for the cetme pictinny rail 8", Bought a scope off here, its the Wotec 4-14 Gen 5. I know the company went under but for the price we will see how it holds up. Mounted it on a SWFA S.S.A.L.T mount i got off ar15.com. Also came with some real G3 OD furniture but i like the wood alot more..... Also ordered a shell deflector to throw the rounds at 2 o'clock instead of 30 feet to the right :) Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
Yellow Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Metal
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Wood Shotgun
Bumper Audio equipment Wood Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory
also came with about 100 rounds and 7 cetme mags and 8 G3 mags. Should have it to the range by november after i get everything finished up. Will post back after i get the rail welded on.

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoots both 308 and NATO with out problems. Head space is good and there is no ground bolt. Bought if from a guy on here and he has shot it without problem. Even the front sight is straight and not canted. Should have it shooting soon

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my scope rail that I bought only 2 days ago was delivered today! Looks well made but will still need a little help to get it to fit just right. I might take a inch or so off the length and cut a groove to slip into the stock mount near the rear sight to keep the rail as far back as possible.

Attachments

· Registered
1,758 Posts
I like the wood stock on that. Looks good.

So is this like a G-3 clone, or no?
The Cetme was made by German engineers in Spain after WW2 when Germany could not legally produce weapons. When they were allowed to set up production in Germany again they took the Cetme and improved the design into the G3 and HK91. So the Cetme predates the G3. They are similar but not exactly the same - so not clones.

Congrats on the new aquisition link78. Just remember that it is awfully difficult to "unweld" something. I might hesitate to permanately modify something that is already in good working order....

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Gosh darn it I want a CETME and just never have the money when one goes up for sale! Good buy, let us know how it shoots!

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Welcome to the club llink78! If you don't want the G3 stuff let me know, mines almost converted. Working on some custom dust cover for them, but they will need to be welded too. They will work just like the ARs. We need a range day!

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks familiar ;)

I could have told you that the typical claw scope mount didn't work; I have one that I milled and clearanced and tried my darndest to get to fit and it never did. Peculiar.

You might wanna mention to these guys that you *might* have some OD green furniture to part with, too ;)

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No way. Keeping it. Filling the front holes of the hand guard to drill a new hole to fasten it to the barrel for a better fit. Should have that done by next week. I love the wood, but the od is nice too. Ordering the oem bi pod as soon as it come back in stock for it also.

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Ah. Well if you want to swap that cheap Chinese bipod back for something, lemme know. I can use it on this bizarre AR build.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Stuff doesn't hang around long with you, does it?

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha, guns yes for the most part. Other stuff not so much. The M1 was the 1st gun iv ever sold. The collection is getting big. Might have to sell my Savage 93 though. Found a 50 bmg ar upper for like 50% off :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.