New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are like me you like gadgets and cameras are gadgets. I like to shoot all kinds of things including photos (bad pun intended) so if you have an image you took that you like or dislike or just want to be a post wh**e feel free to post something here. If you have questions on how an image was created just ask.

I'll start...I took this 30 minutes ago.

Canon 5D MKII Canon 400mm 5.6 L with Canon 2X II Extender. ISO 200 F11 (I think) and around 1/60

nahnibôssat (abenaki for Moon)

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
What body/lens did you use?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! What lens and body and when taken?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the image hosted elsewhere and you just entered a URL or did you upload it? If the latter, do the former!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I took that one May, 7th 2011. It was my first attempt and it came out well. I used Canon 5d MK II with 400mm f/5.6L lens.

·
6,795 Posts
I tried to link from flikr but it said invalid so I had to upload small image from computer.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
To make them not show as thumbnails they have to be hosted elsewhere and when you put in the URL of the photo you have to uncheck the box that says download and store locally.

I like photography buy my domain name expired and I just renewed. So I'll post images when the DNS catches up.

I shoot with a gripped Canon 30D. Main lens is a Canon 24-105 F4L IS. Second favorite lens is the Sigma 50-500mm ("Bigma"). I have several other lenses that are no where near as nice as those two.

I love macro photography but don't have a true macro lens. I shoot with a 50mm f1.8 and use a set of Kenko extension tubes.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to link from flikr but it said invalid so I had to upload small image from computer.
When you link be sure to uncheck the box that says something like download image. The default is "on" and it's a PITA when linking images as it tries to download to the server here and they're ALWAYS too big.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
6,795 Posts
Ok I will try to link it this time.
This shot is of Algonquin mountain.

and this one if from the top of White Face Mountain.

Thanks av8r. Figure I tried everything but the BBcode

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I shoot with a pistol gripped Canon 30D with selectable fire switch. Main lens is a Canon 24-105 F4L IS with a Flash Enhancer. Second favorite lens is the Sigma 50-500mm ("Bigmo'fo") with a suppressor. I have several other lenses that are no where near as nice as those two as they are NYS compliant.

I love macro photography but don't have a true macro lens, only a WMD lens. I shoot with a 50mm f1.8 and use a set of Kenko extension tubes with selectable chokes and a 6 position adjustable neck strap.
I fixed it for you!!!! Don't be ashamed to tell us what you really use!! ;)

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
A couple I found. I have alot of travel and sports photography on my other PC. USMC Vet, The guy from your avatar and his father(The Busch's)were on that boat in the last pic. His boat a 3 300 HP's on it! The Zodiacs are the secret service.They stopped to fill it up. Very nice personable people! Lousy pic, but all I had was the cell phone!

Cliffs.jpg Duke.jpg barren.jpg boat.jpg GB Boat.jpg

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I've got some really good Nikon equipment and have taken alot of great pictures, but I think this is my favorite shot, taken recently by my wife with a Canon elf, ha, ha. My son and neighbor's daughter having their first "real" picnic out on the front lawn...

party time.jpg

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I've got some really good Nikon equipment and have taken alot of great pictures, but I think this is my favorite shot, taken recently by my wife with a Canon elf, ha, ha. My son and neighbor's daughter having their first "real" picnic out on the front lawn...

View attachment 7466
That's what some of the best pics are all about ... innocence and life!! Nice pic!

ECU Pirates .. I love that pic of the cliffs!! Awesome!!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
That's what some of the best pics are all about ... innocence and life!! Nice pic!

ECU Pirates .. I love that pic of the cliffs!! Awesome!!
Thanks! Ireland is a great place for photography!

·
6,795 Posts
Cgrutt, those are the best pictures to have!

I like this one alot even though focus is not perfect and I could crop it better.

]

Is it just me or is that duck giving me the bird?

Here are a couple more that I really like

]
]
]

1 - 20 of 517 Posts