New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out easy enough then I realized it was Friday and not Thursday, lol...

Closed the Karma thread, packed up some boxes of 22s and went to the local UPS. They don't take anything that's not pre-paid until 2 pm. WTF. OK, FedEx it is. Had to go there twice cause I'm a dumbass, lol. Packages are on there way. Finally.

Then go to the local PD to have my prints taken again for CT, which rejected the first set of prints I had done in June. I think these came out worse than the first set. What to do?... So I call the local State troopers. They tell me to submit the prints I just had and call them if they are rejected again. WTF? LOL. I pleaded can I PLEASE have my prints taken the old school way with printers ink and paper towels? They said sure, just come on down.

So we get there before they close and have prints done in 5 minutes. Easy Peesey. Trooper was an awesome guy and had me in and out. We went to a local (near the barracks) place that we haven't gone to before.

It was great, after we figured out how to get into the place, lol. Let's just leave it at no easy access from parking lot, ha, ha. While at dinner I get an e-mail from (hopefully) my future boss! Interview at 3 pm on Monday, yay! My contact, who is the go between was copied on the e-mail and threw in an alternative after we set plans. A dozen or so e-mails later, we're back to original plan 3 pm one-on-one with me and the President of this company. Solid.

So venting in the car on the way home and say I'm so relieved about everything and feel great about this opportunity. My boy says who are you meeting. I say the President of a company in NY. He says the President of the US? I said, B, whatever they tell you in school, don't drink the cool aide. O is the worst president that has ever happened upon this great country. He says "what about Romney"?

Speechless.

Wish me luck on Monday!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good luck on Monday! I know how it is to not be working, been looking pretty hard the last few months myself. On a good note bills are still being paid lol.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, I haven't really "drunk" since Mother's Day, but tonight I "Drunk" for drinking's sake, ha, ha...

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Only good luck my friend.

Remember, public schools are only part of what your kid learns from. The important stuff is ALWAYS taught at home. FUBO & FUAC

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
How was today? More relaxing, I hope. Good luck on Monday.

Hubby had an interview Friday, and he found out that the other trader he worked with at the old bank had interviewed there as well. They're probably not the only two, but it sucks knowing your friend is going to be right out there competing with you for every job opportunity.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How was today? More relaxing, I hope. Good luck on Monday.

Hubby had an interview Friday, and he found out that the other trader he worked with at the old bank had interviewed there as well. They're probably not the only two, but it sucks knowing your friend is going to be right out there competing with you for every job opportunity.
Ugh. At least he's interviewing. Hope he finds something soon.

Today was a lazy day but the night is young!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, I feel REALLY good about this opportunity because, as I understand it, there really isn't a position opening that anybody is competing for its sorta being created. Not really sure what that means yet. The guy who recommended me is Co-chairman of the Board of Directors and gave me a very strong "endorsement" and wrote some very nice things on my behalf. Even though he was my boss he referred to me as his "partner", which I thought was awesome. No promises or commitments but its about as good as these things can get. Fingers crossed...

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Thats great news! I hope it works out well for you and he would be a fool to not offer you a job on the spot IMHO. Good Luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts