New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm So thrilled that PFC is making a NY tour especially with the political climate in the empire state this year. The facility in Alden is outstanding, easy to get to, full accomodations. Ive taken MDTS training courses there before. Again anything to do with great training plus Chris FRY from MDTS is a winner in my book. Steve from Wende Correctional (firearms chief instructor) runs private classes alot an now PFC is in the mix!!!!!! I can't wait!! Hope to see everyone there.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I took their TIDE 1 course and it was very good. Their lead instructor Brian has a real deep understanding of defensive tactics. Plus they make it fun. Well worth the price of admission.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Good training, just make sure you read the fine print as they don't allow Blackhawk serpa holsters in their classes.

I'll just say that I am not the only one that disagrees with that stance.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I put a comment in here and it disappeared, how so?

Comment stated this was a sales pitch dressed as an informational / anecdotal thread.

·
Registered
507 Posts
PFC is Progressive Force Concepts. MDTS has hosted them at my home club a number of times in recent years. Excellent instructors and material.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Chris Fry and MDTS are paid supporting vendors here, that is why the post was removed.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Chris Fry and MDTS are paid supporting vendors here, that is why the post was removed.
So why not make a real post about upcoming events and really sell it instead making it sound like a regularly post? Plus there member info on that screen name shows nothing about them being a vendor which rightfully so, lead to me what the deal was.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Good training, just make sure you read the fine print as they don't allow Blackhawk serpa holsters in their classes.

I'll just say that I am not the only one that disagrees with that stance.
What would stop them from allowing Sherpa holsters? Have there been issues with them?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Thought he was going into the Army myself...

Serpa not Sherpa! Those are the guys on Everest.

And yes people have shot themselves unholstering "because of the lock" I believe.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Hahahahaha my bad. S E R P A. Missing using a laptop or PC but now tablet or phone. Spell check never helps either.

I own one for my G23/19 and was wondering.... I think most unintended discharges at training(s) aka accidents happen during holstering and unholstering. I feel like pocket holsters are more dangerous then Serpa holsters since they do not force you to put trigger finger in ready position.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Thought he was going into the Army myself...

Serpa not Sherpa! Those are the guys on Everest.

And yes people have shot themselves unholstering "because of the lock" I believe.
Plus sometimes while rolling around on the ground,
debris can get wedged in there and it will lock the gun in the holster.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Plus sometimes while rolling around on the ground,
debris can get wedged in there and it will lock the gun in the holster.
You sound like my ex..... she never liked rolling around outside. Guess that's why she's my ex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts