New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well i gotta say, that one post and disappear act is lil fishy but...i do recall the other poster who worried bout being downgraded if he buys a new gun in Albany County area..maybe they really are the peckerlickers of all the Northern Counties and really may be asking for FB stuff..although i find it lil hard to fathom.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It isn't fishy at all. Last year someone posted about being asked for their FB info, told the investigator they didn't have one, so the investigator asked if he could look at the wife's FB page. This is becoming extremely common in today's world, although generally moreso with employers. If your name is common enough, just say you do not have one if you don't post any pics or other info that could be used to ID you. If it could be used to ID you, deactivate it and say you do not have one. Yes, LIE. If you refuse to give access, the ******* investigator and judge will use it against you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm depressed that we've gotten to the point where people are willing to say, "I can see them wanting to look at my facebook..."

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
On the bright side. mazz is either a Cuomo Operative or Progressive kook. He figured that if he could post something so bizarre we would all fall for it and run with it while he could sit back and laugh.
I guess he doesn't know very well do he?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here's your options assuming this is true.... The best is the THIRD LINK listed below. Deactivating makes you appear to have no account but you can reactivate it later

1.Say NO I don't give out my passwords or private information. My account is set up so that only close friends can see what I post.
2.Get an attorney.
3.Archive off the contents of your Facebook account and delete it (there is a Facebook function to do that. Google it)
4.Write a letter to the Judge

Consult these three links:
What to Do When A Potential Employer Asks for Your Facebook Password
https://www.facebook.com/notes/face...ur-passwords-and-your-privacy/326598317390057
https://www.facebook.com/help/214376678584711

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That would be an easy answer for me as I do not do Facebook.
For anyone who does do Facebook I would suggest giving the same answer that I would give.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sorry guys I was away from my computer for a bit. No I didn't disappear and I'm not making this up by any stretch. I'm trying to do this in Watervliet which is part of Albany County... Here is a picture of the front page of the packet I was handed today.
. Rectangle Font Parallel Wood Paper

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
**** them! I would tell them that they can have my FB password when they give me their on-line banking password. FU FU FU, you ****ing bastards! Not sure what else to say. **** you!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
simple. deactivate it. then if you still want a facebook you can re-activate after you get your permit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
FIrst post? No Pics? Now read my Sig LIne
And if your sig line implies I'm a "troll" for coming on a forum which I lurk on frequently to ask a legitimate question....Wouldnt someone be more of a troll for immediately responding with name calling and a comment which adds nothing to the discussion?Just saying. I'm not looking to argue with anyone here and respect your opinions. That being said I do appreciate everyone's quick replies. I did post a picture of this paper in question that I received

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yeah. Once you beg for a right, they only ask for more. Welcome to NYF. Withdraw your pistol permit app immediately and reclaim whatever dignity you have.

·
Registered
637 Posts
**** them! I would tell them that they can have my FB password when they give me their on-line banking password. FU FU FU, you ****ing bastards! Not sure what else to say. **** you!!
I will second this!!!

They have no right to ask for passwords of any kind.

They also should not be allowed to use anything posted on Facebook (short of direct threats to someone) as a reason for approval or denial of a permit. I would consider that a violation of the 1st, 4th, and 5th amendment. The reason I say this is a violation of those 3 amendments is because, if this stands, a government agent will be allowed to use both private and public discussions (remember FB has friends only and public options when posting), which can include political discussions when making a decision about your ability to exercise your 2nd amendment right. Using public postings on FB would violate the 1st amendment and using "friends only" and private conversation postings could violate the 4th amendment.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I am really disturbed with the concept they are asking for passwords. considering every app/website etc says never ever give out your password. if the government wants it bad enough they can hack into it themselves.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yeah. Once you beg for a right, they only ask for more. Welcome to NYF. Withdraw your pistol permit app immediately and reclaim whatever dignity you have.
I see where your coming from. At this point I want to get this permit on principle and because it's my right as a law abiding citizen to own a pistol. It shouldn't be that only gang bangers and agents of the government who dress in funny costumes are the only ones who can get their hands on a pistol. I'll fight for my right to do this before I roll over. And I'll delete facebook for a bit if need be since I don't use it much anyway. But still and all this is a pretty extreme invasion of privacy.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
What is facebook?

21 - 40 of 157 Posts