1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Does the government call them that, or does dailymail call them that? ;)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the government call them that, or does dailymail call them that? ;)
prolly dailymail, but i'm hoping they quoted a source of some respectable level, lol

either way, I don't think i've heard of that specific varation, haha

·
Registered
712 Posts
Then to get more attention I should sell a line of mowers called Grass Assault Vehicles.............

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is a British news source. The media there pretty much thinks that a .22 bolt-action is an "assault rifle."

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Then to get more attention I should sell a line of mowers called Grass Assault Vehicles.............
Not GAV, but 'Tactical Clorafil Crop Slicer' (camo paint)
Or mabe 'Zombie Lawn Mass Decapitator IV' (John Deere green)

If you wanted to call it 'assault', it would require at minimum up armoring, and mabe at the extreme installing a turret, which could inhibit its use in tighter areas or create rollver problems for folks with terrain anomolies in thier yard.
(kinda like a Suzuki Samuri in that respect I guess LOL)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the term assault rifle should only apply to weapons that are select fire and have a barrel length of 14.5 inches or less.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought assault was determined by cosmetic accessories that in no way elevate the guns ability to more damage and fire the round it was chambered in?

Lawn mower needs collapsible push handle, detatchable clippings bag (able to hold 30lbs instead of 10) and frog spikes out front :) lol

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think it's still more than likely just the result of the confusion over the '94 AWB, which put the term "Assault Weapon" on many semi-automatic firearms. People got the two terms mixed up, and in conjunction with the "Assault Rifle" backronym applied to the AR-15, the name stuck. More than likely, just as intended.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Many police officers don't even know the difference. There was a person recently arrested here in the city I live in for having his AK near his front door. The Lt. said that it's illegal to own these types of rifles here in NY. I e-mailed the person who wrote the article, said he should read the actual laws of NYS dealing with weapons and send it to our local police department.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts