New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure every one knows about Sandy coming, and right now its pretty windy already. I just took a 2 minute drive to Dunkin Donuts to grab breakfast for the wife and I. Along the way I saw 4 different people in my neighborhood raking leaves to piles at the street. I'm sure there is plenty other stuff they SHOULD be doing to get ready for the storm. Plus it's just retarded because they are literally blowing back into yards as they rake.

Just thought i'd share.

· Registered
3,423 Posts
We went to Wal-Mart :( yesterday to get a few things that we forgot - important things like dog biscuits and crap to run fish tanks from solar chargers;) ... Anyways - It was packed with people buying whatever they could hahaha - I overheard a woman(looked to be in her late 30s to early 40s) telling her 2 kids (both early teens) to each choose a PS3 game so they have something to do when the power goes out.... I know I know maybe a generator is involved but it didn t sound like it.
The other conversation was a guy and his other half looking at batteries-they knew they needed them for flashlights but couldn't remember which ones so they got 9volt batteries because thats what the smoke detectors use !!!! :eek:oh:

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the grocery store last night to grab a few things as well (cookie dough so my wife could bake cookies this morning, and more beer). Amazing the amount of people buy ice cream and stuff like that.

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
I still remember when I lost power the other year for a few hours and I thought great the power is out and I cant go online lol. I decided to watch a movie instead and realized that the tv wouldnt turn on and I felt like an idiot lol.

It is stuff like this thought that makes you realize how dependent we have become as a society to electricity and technology.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still remember when I lost power the other year for a few hours and I thought great the power is out and I cant go online lol. I decided to watch a movie instead and realized that the tv wouldnt turn on and I felt like an idiot lol.

It is stuff like this thought that makes you realize how dependent we have become as a society to electricity and technology.
Sounds like my mother in law last time we had a storm. We were living in my in-laws basement and I think Irene was going to hit, I was getting some stuff together and she said, did you pick a few movies out? I looked at her with the dumbfounded face, she said if the power goes and we can't watch TV. I looked at her for about a minute until it hit her and she walked away.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like going to dunkin donuts for breakfast?? :p
It is like a 1/4 mile away, I live in a housing development and it is at the corner of one of the roads in/ out of the houses. Plus coffee is breakfast for me....My chocolate lab is also a coffee getting dog, if anyone says wanna get me coffee? He runs around going ape sh*t until you take him down into the car waggin his tail like mad until you place your order at the drive thru. Then he sits down and is happy he "got you coffee".

· Registered
2,743 Posts
I cleaned up the leaves yesterday. I feel like what ever I can clean up now is less I will have to peel up off the yard in the spring. I cleaned the gutters out too in hopes that it will keep the basement a bit drier.

Now I'm wondering if I should go to Lowes or Home Depot and watch people fight over generators. I'm probably too late for that though. I heard there were some good ones yesterday.

I'm sure there is plenty other stuff they SHOULD be doing to get ready for the storm.
There's still plenty of time to run in circles screaming! :D

· Registered
4,147 Posts
When the power is out, does anyone else walk into a room and flip the light switch out of habit? I do that every time and laugh because it's so ingrained to flip the switch when walking into a dark room that I don't even realize I'm doing it.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you rake a bag your leaves I can see how it will help a bit, especially if you have storm drains near by. However, these people are making the piles at street side...And our town is not coming by to suck them up.

When the power is out, does anyone else walk into a room and flip the light switch out of habit? I do that every time and laugh because it's so ingrained to flip the switch when walking into a dark room that I don't even realize I'm doing it.
I do that once in a while.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Someone mentioned something about a shopper at Walmart..... I recommend that everyone stop in there from time to time. You will certainly feel better about yourself after spending just a few minutes in the place.

· Registered
396 Posts
This is taken off Facebook....you have to read it!!!
I am feeling better today, cold still lingering but i need cat food, milk, OJ and my Cheerios. So I turn off the news, watching about the possibility of the "perfect storm" like conditions that might hit late this weekend or early next week. Off to Wally World I go. As usual the parking lot is full on a Friday, little more full than usual thoug
h.... I go get my typical wobbly wheeled buggy and into the shopping mecca i head. .....What the he_l??? Have I been in a coma for the last couple of months? Soon as I walk in.....Christmas decorations everywhere. Ok...this is where you all say......AHHHH ha , the rant is on early Christmas displays by stores. No Sir and Mame not so!!
The food part is like Y2K all over again...A mass of shopping impoliteness ever ever you seen one. I begin my journey...bumper car/demolition derby to the OJ....stand your ground mindset at the milk case....and better have a battering ram for the water Aisle. I reach to the top of a shelf and get my family jewels smacked....I bend over to get an item from the lowest shelf....farted on in the face. WTF is going on? Then I discover this is people are preparing for the storm. Holy sh_t, it is not like Rochester, NY is going to get ripped off the face of the earth!! We are not getting 90 inches of snow or have a temp of - OMG. All this for .....maybe a storm?.. These people would kill each other in Florida getting ready for a hurricane. If we make ti through this "storm" can not wait to see how everyone reacts to .....DEC 21, 2012!!!

· Registered
3,441 Posts
This is taken off Facebook....you have to read it!!!
I am feeling better today, cold still lingering but i need cat food, milk, OJ and my Cheerios. So I turn off the news, watching about the possibility of the "perfect storm" like conditions that might hit late this weekend or early next week. Off to Wally World I go. As usual the parking lot is full on a Friday, little more full than usual thoug
h.... I go get my typical wobbly wheeled buggy and into the shopping mecca i head. .....What the he_l??? Have I been in a coma for the last couple of months? Soon as I walk in.....Christmas decorations everywhere. Ok...this is where you all say......AHHHH ha , the rant is on early Christmas displays by stores. No Sir and Mame not so!!
The food part is like Y2K all over again...A mass of shopping impoliteness ever ever you seen one. I begin my journey...bumper car/demolition derby to the OJ....stand your ground mindset at the milk case....and better have a battering ram for the water Aisle. I reach to the top of a shelf and get my family jewels smacked....I bend over to get an item from the lowest shelf....farted on in the face. WTF is going on? Then I discover this is people are preparing for the storm. Holy sh_t, it is not like Rochester, NY is going to get ripped off the face of the earth!! We are not getting 90 inches of snow or have a temp of - OMG. All this for .....maybe a storm?.. These people would kill each other in Florida getting ready for a hurricane. If we make ti through this "storm" can not wait to see how everyone reacts to .....DEC 21, 2012!!!
I worked for Byrne Dairy for about 5 years and they supplied milk to Walmart. We would always watch the weather reports and try to stock up on milk before snowstorms and I can't tell you how many times a dairy manager would not allow us to bring in extra milk before the storm and then call the day of or the day before to have an emergency delivery because the store mgr ripped them a new A hole because they were out of milk, F tards

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.