New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how the situation in PA with their ammo shortages is going to be after January when UnSafe kicks in, and if/when all ammo purchases in NY at that point will have to be recorded by any "seller of ammunition."

PA Gun Stores Short on Ammo Under High Demand

According to TheRecordHerald.com, outlets like Hunters Den Inc. in Waynesboro say they were not completely able to recover from the last run on ammo before this latest one began.

Hunters Den's Stuart McFerren said, "We're keeping up now, but that's all. We're going to fall behind when people come charging in for their last minute everything. They're not going to get it."
Everyone that is thinking PA is the answer to avoid UnSafe ammo record keeping after January, take note.

Too bad we didn't have a way to order ammo online and have it shipped to our homes, like Free men used to be able to.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i dont understand how this ammo law is not undermining interstate commerce. Arent there laws against that? If there is any common sense left in this country, A federal judge who is not in Cuomos pocket will have to strike this Unsafe thing down, if it is not struck down,then God help the whole country,cause the gun grabbers be comin!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Well, if there was suspicion of vehicles carrying Fireworks traveling from P.A. To NY in June -July...

What do you think the Troopers will be worrying about being in your trunk come January?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well, if there was suspicion of vehicles carrying Fireworks traveling from P.A. To NY in June -July...

What do you think the Troopers will be worrying about being in your trunk come January?
Ammo's not illegal, neither is out of state FTF purchases.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Ammo's not illegal, neither is out of state FTF purchases.
Lol, I know, I know... For NOW...
HaHahahaha

Actually, as long as you purchase the ammo for yourself, you will be correct ; )
(post Jan, 15)

Just because I'm Paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't watching me!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am in the stores in the Poconos several times per month. I have yet to find .22 ammo. I've had better success here on LI.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can still order all ammo you want online,shipped to your door in NY. After Jan 14, ship it to some address in PA,Mailbox,UPS store,friend.
Then go there and pick it up by car or train. What Am I missing?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If I can legally drive to PA and buy ammo and bring it back to NY without using an FFL, then I can buy ammo online and have it shipped to me without using an FFL. I'm the one buying it, not the delivery company.
If they are trying to say that using a delivery company is somehow 'wrong', then they truly are interfering with interState Commerce.

And it's not just PA that is suffering. On my last trip to Phoenix, my dad and I couldn't find any .45 ammo to go shooting with! Their shelves looked like ours here in Tyranny-land.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Way to go guys, look what you did to the PA ammo supply. Lol.

Shelves in FL are stocked to the max. Just my own account just FYI ;)

And it's daily, not once every Wednesday night and it's gone. Ammo is literally sitting in Walmart all week.

And 1-2k rounds of it each caliber.

And gun stores are loaded as well.

But before I left LGS's in Dutchess county also were loaded with ammo.... very expensive ammo that probably sat there cause no one was gonna buy it at 35$ for a box of 50 9mm...but ammo none the less.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Way to go guys, look what you did to the PA ammo supply. Lol.

Shelves in FL are stocked to the max. Just my own account just FYI ;)

And it's daily, not once every Wednesday night and it's gone. Ammo is literally sitting in Walmart all week.

And 1-2k rounds of it each caliber.

And gun stores are loaded as well.

But before I left LGS's in Dutchess county also were loaded with ammo.... very expensive ammo that probably sat there cause no one was gonna buy it at 35$ for a box of 50 9mm...but ammo none the less.
Keep rubbing it in will ya. lol

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Keep rubbing it in will ya. lol
Wasn't trying to do that.

Just saying just cause AZ is empty, doesn't mean everywhere is. Just cause NY "supposedly" is.

Precision in Carmel has ammo at 120% capacity. Every caliber. Just not that great of pricing.

So stuff is in stock, just not super cheap or reasonable.

Walmarts down here, 2 that I've went to locally... have tons of ammo. Steel and brass 223 many brands. The one walmart had 100 round 9mm packs, at least 2k rounds, as well as .40 S&W.

380 had like 600 rounds.

And 45 had value packs like 800 rounds worth.

not to mention 150 round value packs of 556.

Also 250 round remington boxes of .45 ACP

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Drgn I think you need to rent a van fill it with ammo then drive around NY yelling merry Christmas and throwing boxes out the door :)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Drgn I didn't know you moved. So you made it out of the black hole. And it sounds like the grass is definitely greener and the weather warmer. Congrats!

On a side note I just ordered
5k small pistol primers
5k large pistol primers
2k 45 bullets
2k 9mm bullets
2k 44 mag bullets
8lb containers of various powders
and lots and lots -o- brass

Stocking up while the stockins still good

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Wasn't trying to do that.

Just saying just cause AZ is empty, doesn't mean everywhere is. Just cause NY "supposedly" is.

Precision in Carmel has ammo at 120% capacity. Every caliber. Just not that great of pricing.

So stuff is in stock, just not super cheap or reasonable.

Walmarts down here, 2 that I've went to locally... have tons of ammo. Steel and brass 223 many brands. The one walmart had 100 round 9mm packs, at least 2k rounds, as well as .40 S&W.

380 had like 600 rounds.

And 45 had value packs like 800 rounds worth.

not to mention 150 round value packs of 556.

Also 250 round remington boxes of .45 ACP
I was in NC a few weeks ago, not much ammo, but Walmarts loaded with AR's of all flavors.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Precision in carmel has anything you want and plenty of ny unsafe Ar's too. I never left there without the ammo i needed, they are not cheap but not unreasonable either. There is also Davis in sloatsburg that has any ammo you want most of the time too, thier prices are not cheap either but they HAVE it. I am going to support the NY dealers that are working hard to provide us with things that we can have and are not up FUAC"s arse by not selling stuff to keep him happy.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
All kidding aside, I agree, Out of state prices and Internet too are not all that attractive with those who advertise the have ammo. Truthfully, there no real DEALS out there and as such, for a few dollars more I will support local suppliers to keep it worthwhile for them.

I do lament the days of ol' $10 box of 50 9mm's :(
lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts