New York Firearms Forum banner

Pennsylvania State Police barracks shooting,

45K views 482 replies 82 participants last post by  ssov 
#1 ·
This post has been deleted
#3 ·
I use to live around that neck of the woods. I never liked it in PA I was broken into my home and cars more then when I lived in the city of Newburgh. It was not the utopia most of you gleem about living in PA. If it is still the same as the early 90'S I shall pass. Think of this where did all the mob thugs hideout. One large clue wasn't in NY. Heroin was a huge epidemic back in those days there. Lots of beautiful land and lots of places to go and do things. But when alot of you talk about escaping NY be careful what you wish for. I understand evil will be evil, and this is a isolated shooting. But be careful in the woods in PA much worse then NY.

#11 ·
Am I being too paranoid to think that this could be another left wing setup? Never let a good crisis go to waste.......
"Paranoid" is when you think someone's following you on your way to work because you see the same car twice on the highway. Thinking that a state trooper was murdered in a conspiracy to advance some sort of anti-gun legislation in Pennsylvania is downright stupid, a sign of mental illness, or a pathological need to believe everything bad that happens in the world is all about your issue. Okay, maybe 'paranoid' does apply.

#16 ·
Hits a little close to home for me. I guy I've known since Kindergarten just graduated from the PA State Police Academy a couple months ago. He's not in that part of the state, thank goodness.

Who knows the reason. Probably a punk who had a grudge against the cops. Or maybe not...we'll see as details emerge.

#28 ·
Pennsylvania troopers intensify search for 'coward' cop killer; say attack was well-planned | Fox News

An unknown assailant, using a .308-caliber rifle, killed Cpl. Bryon Dickson, 38, and critically wounded another trooper at the remote outpost surrounded by dense forest, then slipped away. The motive is unknown, but police said Monday it's likely he had a grievance against the state police and wasn't shy about talking about it, either with people who knew him or on social media.
First off... RIP Cpl. Dickson.

Secondly, I see two possibilities here. Either the shooting unfolded as described and there's a Grade A1 A$$hole running loose, or .gov had this guy shot so a push can be made to ban "sniper" rifles. We've heard they'd someday start an attack on Remington 700's and the like. Since they're reporting the caliber to be .308, that falls in line.

I'll reserve judgement for now. If more of these incidents involving hunting calibers pop up with "regularity", then I'll put my tin foil hat on.

#29 ·
Pennsylvania troopers intensify search for 'coward' cop killer; say attack was well-planned | Fox News

First off... RIP Cpl. Dickson.

Secondly, I see two possibilities here. Either the shooting unfolded as described and there's a Grade A1 A$$hole running loose, or .gov had this guy shot so a push can be made to ban "sniper" rifles. We've heard they'd someday start an attack on Remington 700's and the like. Since they're reporting the caliber to be .308, that falls in line.

I'll reserve judgement for now. If more of these incidents involving hunting calibers pop up with "regularity", then I'll put my tin foil hat on.
Dont bother waiting, put the hat on now.

#31 ·
I hear ya but I don't think this is any more then what it seems to be. It is doubtful you would get any traction in PA for banning bolt action rifles and you can forget about that at the fed level right now. My guess is some sick wing nut had a beef with either that barracks or one of the troopers involved. Their "profile" was interesting but one doesn't have to have hunting, leo or military experience to pull something like this off or have "regularly visited a local shooting range to keep his skills sharp." the wood line they say was 50yrds away and dark so the reality is it could just be some douche bag with a grudge who has basic marksmanship abilities and bought some camo at Wal-Mart. What the media will spin him into if/when caught? well I am sure we can all bet he will somehow be tied to the Tea Party or NRA.
I hope they nail the POS, he made a woman a widow and stole a father from 2 sons.

#34 · (Edited)
If thats the case then it will probably be Marshals and our ESU guys, heres hoping it ends well for them at least. Good thing Bloomturd isnt around because he would definitely look to ban miltary grade, bolt action sniper/assault weapons and scopes as well as camo clothing. Another example of how well the SAFE act works by keeping the guns out of the hands of criminals.

#41 ·
Just named the suspect on the news " Eric Mathew Frein" is the name they are putting out there with a pic. Didn't say where he was from Correction they are saying in another source he lived 20 miles from the barracks
Suspect in Pike County state police shooting described as 'extremely dangerous' man with anti-government views | PennLive.com
I just saw an article with this guy also. I wonder what changed today or if it is both of them? This isn't the guy we were given a wanted poster for last night.

#47 ·
we all know it wont be long until large bore calibers are banned.. we have been saying it for a while now, and we know its coming. eventually, they will start by saying that rifles like .308 have too great of a range and for the safety of other hunters there will be a diminished rifle hunting season. shotgun only! then they will say, since they cant be used for hunting, they dont serve any purpose and will try to ban them all together. they love situations like this where some nut job with "anti government views" and a .308 sniped out a state trooper. they use these to their advantage any chance they get. they might just bring this up years from now when people try to resist they proposals.

they gain sheeple support with their versions of the story in the media... this is from the article:

"Frein is described as a survivalist who has expressed anti-government leanings in past, especially against law enforcement, Noonan said."

so anyone who is a survivalist and speaks out against the government can be lumped in with this guy. this makes the sheeple fear people who are prepared and fed up with a corrupt gov.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.