New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went with my brother in law to his friends house in pa. We were going to the range so I brought my 2 new pre bans i recently bought. Were packing up and Keith ran back inside and said wait, I wanna bring my link for you guys. I had no idea what he was talking about. When we got into my truck I asked him what the beck was this link. He says " registered lightning link". Obviously most of us know what they are....

Fast forward couple hours. And a ton of full auto ar15 fire he says, " u wanna break in that upper the right way?"... He went to put his link in my lower but my colt Preban match hbar w no sear block is a different shape near rear pin than most other lowers. Mine is rounded towards back and everyone else's lowers were square... Of course my other Preban lower is square in back but this one has a colt sear block... Bummer.

So basically we blew thru half case of pmc and it was great. At 50 yards I was able to keep 30 rounds at full auto on the target. And it was a huge target lol.

I gotta say. Looking at that link I can't believe he paid $7,000 for it. Looks like something I could make in half hour with a dremel and sheet metal.

If you ever get the chance to burn some serious powder on auto do it. Great stress reliever

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
7g's is absurd man...just give a buddy that works at a machine shop 100 bucks.
And then face felony charges when you're in possession of something very illegal.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Your not kidding ... I bet I could duplicate it for 1.00$
Easily. But unfortunately it wouldn't be made transferable before 1986.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As easy as it may be to make one I am in no way recommending anyone do so. Not worth risking your freedom.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think it would be a cool 1 time thing just to try. But 7k is nuts. And anything illegal is totally out of the question for me. So I will just have to imagine what its like. I have the rra arriving today Chris. Will let you know in few hrs

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
mmm smells like Federal prison sex!*

*making one yourself that is!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sounds like some states have all the fun... I would like to fire a legal, full auto at some point before I die. Plenty of places in PA to rent one out?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
id love to have the chance to fire some full auto's... no way id pay 7 grand to own one though

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here's some info copied from the local "Shoppers Guide"
"FULL AUTO SHOOT, MAY 19 at New Milford Rifle & Pistol Club (PA) starting at 10AM
$200/400rounds, prepay non refundable.
If you want to watch - $5/car
for more info call or email Frank (570)881-1294 or email NMRPCM[email protected]
Directions: rifleandpistol.weebly.com"

I have no connection to this club and have never even shot there, but it sounds interesting.
New Milford PA is just south of Binghamton

1 - 13 of 13 Posts